Roll Call: Caribbean Princess 9/9/06

CruisinMaterial

Hello GLB Community,

Was wondering if there is any family on this sailing from Port Everglades and heading to the WESTERN CARIBBEAN?

If you're not on this ship and considering a cruise... this ship tentatively stops at Princess Cays (Private Island), Ocho Rios (Jamaica), Georgetown (Grand Cayman) and Cozumel (Mexico). It's 7 days and sails roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale.

Hope to meet some family here and onboard the ship! Happy sailings and let the countdown begin! :D

~J

Hey Steven,

I don't flaunt it over there but with the rainbow for my cruisin' history, that usually gives it away. Subtle hints I guess. :) Such a shame, I was hoping for some friendly company up in the disco. I'm not going to have any one my age to hang with this cruise. My sister isn't going this time. :(

Good luck with your sailing. We had a choice between the 9/9 and 9/23 sailings but the New Hampshire Highland Games is the weekend of 9/23 and mom wanted to go to that so we booked the 9/9. Hopefully you have a fun bunch onboard during your trip!

BON VOYAGE!

~Jake

Well hello stranger!! Boy you like living on the edge. 2 years in a row you are doing hurricane season cruises :rolleyes: Hopefully this year will be less eventful. I would go, but I am sick of the Western. I am booking an eastern cruise on the Millie in 07. Maybe I can talk Ross into it.I am doing Bermuda this May on Zenith.

Sorry about the Star. Was one of the cabins that was destoyed one of the ones you were in?? Just curious. Must be strange to see that happen when you were on her not too long ago.

What date are you going to be on PB?? I wanna catch it. Let me know.

Cya

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

See you're still lurking around these threads. I had been quite a few months without booking a new cruise. Then the lovely pain in the rear board moderator for this section decided to cut off the thread I had so I didn't have any reason to start a new one, until just recently! :)

I am living on the edge. Hurricane season and even earlier this time! It was too good of a deal to pass up and since we needed to travel inexpensively for the cruise it was a perfect deal... $700 balcony (lowest category) with everything included. The best part, we have past passenger status so we got the upgrade fairy. Now we've jumped up categories and moved in the ship to a better deck too and different location (as opposed to being all the way forward, we're no mid-ship). It's really an awesome deal now!

Star Princess was indeed a massive tragedy. The ship didn't do us wrong during our mystery hurricane cruise. While we didn't go where we were supposed to we still did have a blast and the ship and it's crew were very memorable. I'm saddened to see both Princess Cruises, as well as this ship take a black eye in the media for this apparant act of carelessness by one person. I personally think this person should be charged with criminal negligence if caught for the death of the person who had the heart attack. I also think this person should be tried in the Jamaican courts where there are no civil rights and locked up in a filthy prison to fester in his own crap! :eek: I am not taking this fire sitting down... people need to be accountable for the stupidity they exude and I hope Princess lynches the little bugger to the hear after!

My appearance on Prison Break will be the first Monday in May. The episode title is called "Tonight". It's episode 20 to viewers at home (episode 19 to the production crew).

Hope all is well. I saw Ross on the Star Princess thread over in Princess cruises.

~Jake

That's because some twit on her deleted it and then when I bugged Laura about it, she must have put it back in the wrong place. Either way, I don't care, I've got my new Caribbean Princess thread now!

How's things with you?

ALL - Anyone going on this cruise? 2,000+ people... I know I'm not the only princess onboard! :eek: :D

Hey Jake,

Thigs are good here. I am starting to build my new deck next weekend. That should be fun. I can feel my back now!!:eek: . Getting ready for Bermuda at the end of May. I am also looking at the Millie for Feb 2007. Decent prices. The Zenith has great deals that month as well.

I know I am going to get hammered for this, but when you book with Princess these days, do you get a free bag of marshmellos with each booking??:rolleyes: :o

Very bad joke..Oh well. I always have has a warped sense of humor anyway.

How are things with you? Hear you have a new BF. Let's hear some dish. Where'd ya meet? Does he cruise too? Is he a PB junky as well? and most importantly..STATS !!:D

Have a great weekend. If you can't be safe,..well why bother.....

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Good luck with the deck! I'll just sit up here and enjoy the sunrise and with a mamosa! ;)

We're waiting on Princess to announce their summer schedule for next year so we can book our cruise for the British Isles. This should be a fun cruise indeed! :)

As for your joke, hmm... someone's going to have to send you to joke school. Princess is a very awesome cruise line and I wish this happened, like any bad fortune that could happen upon a cruise ship to Carnival. That cruise line could just cease to exist and I would be the happiest darned camper in the world! :D

Yes I do have a bf of two months now and now I have to run off and meet him for breakfast! :)

Have fun!

~jake

PS - C'mon folks! There has to be more family going on the cruise than just me! It's PRINCESS after all! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Still no other family going on this cruise huh?

I'll just bump this back up to the top where everyone can see it. Hopefully you folks that are viewing this thread but not posting will enjoy tonight's Prison Break - Episode 118 "Bluff". :D

Enjoy your work week!

Hey Jake,

How are ya..Long time no talk. I did watch PB. I think I saw you in the one scene, but you were blurred out. In the outside scene, I saw a very tall person walking behind the main charecters, so I assume that was you, but didn't see a face shot :( . Oh well. Guess they edited some things out.

Why does the one guy you like always look like he is squinting???? I found that very distracting. If I remember, I will watch it again next Monday. Wish you were more promently featured though....

Cya

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for watching the episode. Sadly they only had me in the one outdoor scene even though I was there and when they shot the indoor scene with the VP as well. The indoor scene was tight shots though, the outdoor scene was loose shots so I was more easily seen! :)

I am not in any other episode for the rest of the season. I'm still happy that I made it on the air. People who know me know that was me in that scene and when I was blurred directly behind them walking with the SUVs, that is a good freeze frame, even though blurred.

Keep on watching PB though, we need more fans!! :D

~Jake

• 3 weeks later...

Forget rum, have a Long Beach Iced Tea for me!! :D

Yes, they do appear to be a bunch of duds on the CP sailing this time around. I'll need to rile them up. I'm still dealing with the PB fall out and my work life has taken off now that the Feds declared the area which I live in a disaster area!! <sigh>

Can't flooding happen in the winter when working over-time isn't such a bad thing?? No, instead it's a nice warm pre-summer weekend and low and behold they want people to work today. I told them to shove off! :eek:

Enjoy your cruise (or is it just land vacation?)

~Jake

Archived