Roll Call: Caribbean Princess 9/9/06

CruisinMaterial

Jake,

My God that does sound like one LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG DAY!!!! but it also sounds like a lot of fun, but of course this is coming from the kid who has lived his entire life in the Midwest, so anything would

sound excititing! one of my Friends at work, her Nephew plays Casey

Hughes on As the World Turns, and she is always talking about how busy he is etc, he came to Omaha in May for his Cousin's Graduation, and was only in town for maybe 30 hours at the most by the time he left New York, and arrived here, and had to leave Sunday to be back in New York, wouldn't think it would be worth the trip, but he just wanted to get away

from New York for a bit.

Yeah some of those folks over there are somewhat different, but then agian, they probably say the same about us?:rolleyes: DarkLady, DCourt and CruizeKitty sound like fun, everyone else.....The Jury is still out on them!

have a good one, Yahoo for Hump Day!!! but of course that just makes the weekend that much closer, and camping for 3 days with all of Paul's

family........Not my Idea of a Wonderful time, don't get me wrong they are

very nice people, but I'm not much on camping, and his Brother and Sister in Law at times can be rather difficult!! plus it is supppose to be 100 degrees, thinking we can just fry eggs on the sidewalk!

later

SCott

Hey Scott,

Yeah, it was a very long day indeed. At least I got to give directions to the set to Ed Harris (who I didn't recognize) and got to work with Ben Affleck who thanked us at the end for being there so long. You can't ask for autographs, it's unprofessional but it just adds to my stories of the Hollywood glam that I've rubbed elbows with! :)

Being in the acting business does mean long days. It's not easy to get anything put together and with the posturing to make sure it looks good on film and on TV it takes forever. If you're new at it, like Affleck is, it takes even longer!

It is fun, don't get me wrong. You guys don't get a lot of films out there because you don't have the diversity of sets located in a small area. It's all plains, no hills and mountains to speak of.

I can only imagine what they're saying about us in private emails, if they are doing that. I don't care what they have to say about me! You are right on the people you pointed out, they do sound like fun!

Ha! Ha! Camping in the scorching heat... sounds like LOADS of FUN! :rolleyes: While you are frying that egg on the sidewalk, could you get some bacon going for me too?? :eek:

Now for some update on same-sex marriage here in MA:

We dodged another bullet here. The legistlature voted to adjourn the debate on the constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage until after the November elections. This could be helpful to get those buttholes out of office that are voting for it. Then we can kill it in the legislature and hopefully leave same-sex marriage intact. I'm amazed at how much the Christian right is pouring into MA for this and likewise, the Catholic church is highly annoying me. They should lose their tax exempt status for meddling in the affairs of the government. IMHO.

Now back to cruising and time to see what those folks on the AA thread are up to!

~Jake

Hey Jake,

You sound like you are in the best of moods. Glad it is the weekend? Tomorrow I have to get some work done. We actually go camping Sunday afternoon till Wednesday morning. It won't be to bad. It is in very nice cabins at a very nice state park. Won't be totally roughing it. Supposed to be very hot though. Not sure what we will do. Still trying to decide what to make and take. My Mother, and my brother and his wife, and us are each responsible for so many meals. Will be nice to get away and do nothing but am sure will be glad to get home too.

Have you noticed how many views there are on this thread? Think we will be travelling with others who don't want to be known? I may be wrong but seemed like a large number compared to the number of posts that there is. Maybe I am wrong though.

I hope you have a very good weekend. How many days??? We did get our packets from the Travel Agent. Just makes me more anxious to go.

Just can't wait!!!! Last months Southern Living magazine had an article about cruising and the photos were all from the Caribbean Princess. Was great to see.

Later . . . .

Paul

Hey Paul,

I must have misread your posting about when you were going away... my bad! They said it was supposed to be sunny and hot all weekend. I go to the beach today and at 1PM all of a sudden there's a ton of clouds and now the sun isn't out at all. Stupid idiot forecasters couldn't forecast their way out of a box. I wish I got paid as much as they do to just make guesses! :(

The reason why the page views are higher than the number of posts is because people come in here and view what we type but don't post... examples thereof are the board moderators who check what we type here to make sure it doesn't break the rules and require removal. Others check the boards and all the posts to see what's going on because they are bored but are not going on our cruise. Maybe there could be someone out of all of them who is on our cruise but isn't telling us that. Doubtful though, usually most of the gay folks who show up at the Friends of Dorothy (from past track record) who knew about Cruise Critic posted on the appropriate roll call.

We're in the upper 50s for days left now I believe. July and August are longer months so the day count doesn't exactly do 60 when we're on the right calendar date.

I hope you booked your shore excursions already if you plan on going through Princess, if not then get on it. If you want to do an exotic one those go first. We always book in advance no matter what to insure we get what we want.

I took the European Princess brochure (the new one for 2007) with me to the beach. I can't wait to do something in Europe again. Mom wants to do the British Isles and I don't mind that but it's cooler up there. I'd much rather do the Med but I've at least once to most of the ports of call there. It's a toss up, I should go to see some place new, although I love Barcelona Spain! It's so cosmopolitan and gay friendly!

Off to unpack the beach stuff,

~Jake

Jake,

I hear you about those weather people. I could guess just the same as they can. It is really surprising that with all this advanced technology they have to work from they can be so off so often.

Yes, the shore excursions are booked. I think about this trip all the time. I know it is going to be great and I can't wait.

The beach sounds nice. To bad it was short-lived for you. Was over 100 here today and the same for the next 2 days. Cooler on Tuesday I guess. Only 98. Get out the sweaters?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Almost ready to leave tomorrow. Just have to pack my clothes. Not really looking forward to it but going to make the best of it. Get to spend time with my 3 beautiful nieces. That will be good.

Europe sounds nice. I would love to go with your Mother. I know it isn't warm but would still be interested in seeing things there. Very few places I wouldn't want to go. So much to see, so little money in which to do it. I am toying with Alaska next year. I know it isn't warm there either but would still like to see it. Had an idea of something to do in Canada before leaving too. Not sure after this week though. Things were not happy in this household. Think things are better now though. Only time will tell.

Enjoy your Sunday and have a good week next week. Will let you know all about our trip to the wilderness. Thanks goodness it isn't. I just don't see the point in having to haul all this stuff there to cook and clean up after yourself. Makes no sense to me.

Take Care,

Paul

Hey Jake,

I tried the beach here on the Cape today after the weatherman said it was going to be perfect and of course, it started to get cloudy as soon as I arrived and then started to rain. Bother. My cousin took her kids to a beach up your way at a lake in Haverhill but was told they couldn't go in as someone spotted a gator there yesterday. Wonder how drunk that person was.

Anyway, finally booked my next cruise. Sailing with a friend on a 5 night sailing that goes to Grand Turk in November on the Star Princess. Can't wait. We'll see if we can manage to close Skywalkers this time. It's quite the trip stumbling down the skywalker thing with all the flashing lights after a night of drinking.

So you're thinking of Europe for next summer? Have never done Europe on a ship. Like doing the land thing and traveling throughout the various countries. Thought briefly about doing the Atlantis Baltic cruise next summer on the Constellation (since I like that ship so much) but decided against it. Spent a lot of time in grad school in Scandanavia so the only new place for me would be St. Petersburg. As much as I'd like to go to Russia, not sure a gay charter would be the way to do it. Would love to sail either on the Tahitian Princess or do a Yangtze River cruise next year but all my friends think I'm nuts. We'll see.

Paul- go for Alaska. It's incredible. Let me know if you have any questions. Lived there for a while and know the state fairly well.

Rob

Hey Paul!

You must be off and running now for the camping trip! Have fun! I don't envy you one bit. You are very right about it not being a vacation if you have to cook and clean up after yourself! That's what I love about Princess, although I don't make it overly hard for them to clean up after me, I do try to keep my stateroom tidy. I do realize the crew do have to work their butts off but it's still nice to come back to a clean bathroom, fresh linen and have your meals made for you and the dishes washed... all while you are roaming the ship and relaxing, having fun or watching a show! Now that's why I love cruisin!

Good you got your shore excursions all lined up. I hear you on the money matters. I am trying to decide if I want to move back out of the folks place or try and stay here for a year or so and see as much of the world as my time off from work will allow. Moving out is when the budget goes south, rent in New England is OUTLANDISH. Not to mention the home prices are through the roof too. We need a Democrat governor in the next election to even have a chance at a pay raise! :eek:

Alaska seems like going to Britain for me, it's cold and raw up there... never above 70 degrees. I see the bridge cams on Princess all the time and it just seems so dismal up there! The Med was fun and I loved both times I did it.

Can't wait to hear about the trip... hopefully you packed bug repellant!!

Hey Rob,

Long time no see! The whole beach thing was such a joke that now my feet are competing with lobsters on who's redder! LOL! I burnt my feet soooo bad, they hurt sooo much!!

People in Haverhill are whack, something in the water over there and it's not just gators. I know a few folks over that way and based on that, I'd say the guy was drunk who saw that. Probably no gators around. They just like making people's lives miserable, or knowing the luck... it's some pissed off resident who doesn't want any one near his property so he figures he'll conjour up stories... wouldn't put it past Haverhill people.

I saw Princess' five day cruise and if I had enough vacation time I would have booked it. It's not often that Princess does a cruise less than 7 days and this goes to their new port too. I got the little ad for it in the mail and said to mom that would be something to do and too bad we didn't know about it sooner because the prices were a lot cheaper too!

Didn't you try Atlantis and hate it? I mean some of the ships they book are great but the usage of drugs was just too much in my face that it annoyed me. While I do give kudos to Rich for booking the Millennium and going to Athens during the closing ceremony of the Olympics (which I will never forget, that was so incredibly memorable), it doesn't account for the fact that he turns a blind eye to drug usage which causes people to have un-safe sex, which spreads disease like you wouldn't believe! I would think he'd be more responsible. He doesn't look like the type who would indulge in such stuff, so why does he let it run rampant?

Anyay... I'm off... enjoy your days!

~Jake

Hey Jake,

Did the beach thing today and I'm with you in the competition with the lobsters. Fell asleep and now I am very red on my front side. Have used a lot of aloe tonight.

I have done Atlantis 3 times now. The first cruise with them, S. Caribbean out of San Juan on the Constellation, was awesome. It attracted a very nice mix of people being it didn't leave from Florida. Think people think twice when they have the option to sail from San Juan vs. Miami even when the airfare really isn't all that much more. Didn't see any drugs. My second Atlantis trip, last summer on the Infinity to Alaska, was nice but I was definately one of the youngest on board by far. It rained the entire time so wasn't exactly a big party. Again, no drugs obvious. My third Atlantis cruise was the Navigator "Largest Gay Cruise in History II" in January out of Miami. Hated it. That is where I encountered lots of people using drugs and the atmosphere was that of a floating bath house. The whole front of the ship was lights out, anything goes all night and could not believe how many people put signs on their cabin doors advertising for sex and/or orgies. Actually looked forward to disembarkation on that trip. I was thinking this might just be the norm on the sailings out of Miami but you saw lots of drug usage on their European cruises as well? That would definately make me rethink the whole Atlantis thing. Did not see drugs or wild happenings on RSVP at all (but they were probably there).

Am looking forward to sailing on the Star. Still have very fond memories of the Golden last October and there is still a group of us communicating regularly on here. Have never been to either Grand Turk or Princess Cays so will be fun to see something new.

Rob

Hey Rob,

I had friends that went on last years Alaska cruise and they were trying to get me to go more than anything and I said they were out of their minds. I heard it was not a good weather cruise, which is all the more reason for me NOT to go up there! Bring me sun and hot weather!

Now about the drugs onboard the European Atlantis trips... it wasn't prevelant or in your face but you knew who the dealers were. The thing that floored me and said this is enough was Belinda Carlisle snorting a line of cocaine poolside while I was up on the ledge of the pool dancing. I was not pleased with this at all. It's one thing to have a bunch of drugged out queens, after the two Caribbean Atlantis sailings I had come to see that as a part of every cruise and something you'd just have to accept but just less of it during the European vacations. It is less on the Euro trips or anything that doesn't sail from Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

The Caribbean cruises are usually floating brothels of disease infestation. So many twits do unprotected sex on that cruise that it just spreads disease because they are on all sorts of drugs that impair their thinking.

If I sail again with an all gay charter, it'll probably be a try with RSVP or going as a gay group on a hetero cruise. I've gotten used to hetero cruising. It's not entirely as fun as gay cruising with all the parties but when it comes to cost, I could do two for the price of one Atlantis on most of their sailings. Their mark up is horrendous and they know the gay boys will pay it for endless partying, sex and drugs for some.

My feet are not burning as much but still as red as can be! Hope your not doing too bad!

~Jake

P.S. How old are you that you were the younger of the ones on the Alaska sailing?

Hey Jake,

We have returned from the great outdoors. It wasn't to bad. The cabins were very nice. They were air-conditioned and provided most of the comforts of home. Had t.v. but no cable. Had the antena on top of the television. Now there was something from the past. Had a pretty good time. The park was beautiful. Saw lots of rabbits and deer, and wild turkeys. The water park they have is nice also. Great slides and a wave pool. Got a bit of a sunburn. Had crafts and horse rides. We went on paddleboats and ate a lot. The dog loved it. He walked a lot, was around kids and other dogs. Nice spending time with my nieces. Ready for my next vacation on the water though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all is well there with you. Had 105 degree day here. Supposed to cool down over the weekend. I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!! Better get off to bed.

Paul

Hey Paul,

Glad to hear you had a good time with the mini-vacation camping. No blast from the past with the TV. I don't have cable either and I still use the rabbit ears to get good reception and there's only two channels that I can get crystal clear and that's FOX and NBC. :D

You won't have to worry about going to a water park, you'll be cruisin on the water next! I can't wait for this vacation either. It's one month and two weeks out.

More important is the return of PB to the airwaves in EXACTLY one month from today. That's got me excited! (It's the small steps of excitement building up to the cruise...)

Speaking of cruises, I'm guessing you've seen what happened to the Crown Princess on the news. While scary, it wouldn't deter me from going on a cruise ship of that size and stature. It was never in danger of fully tipping over so that's all that counts. No Poseidon Adventure. I would hope that they figure out what exactly was the cause... it's seeming more and more like a software error or mechanical problem of some kind. What's your opinion on all this?

A few more weeks and we'll be doing the final docs dance! :D

~Jake

Hey,

We didn't get much news on what happened. Saw brief thing on the news and just what I have read here. I feel bad for all the people who were hurt in any way. It is to bad when accidents like that happen. Guess it must be more of a news story on the eastern part of the country. I know it wouldn't stop me from cruising or even going on that ship at some point. That is what I think for what it is worth.

Any big weekend plans? None here. Start house/dog sitting for a friend in Omaha Sunday thru Thursday. Actually Scott will be doing most of it but he won't mind since it will save him from driving back and forth for a few days. Winston will go up and play with those dogs and have a fenced in yard to run around in so will be in heaven.

We finally had some rain today and it was so nice. It was much, much cooler too and that was a relief. That 105 degrees is just a bit to warm. We are just never satisfied. Always want things perfect.

Take Care,

Paul

Hey Paul!

OMG this site has some serious issues. I can't ever get in here over the past few days and when I do, it's like a miracle or something!!

I wouldn't mind going on that ship the very next cruise. Sure the cruise was a bit traumatized by it all but they sound like a good group of folks to be cruising with based on what I've read and seen. Things happen in life, if you live in fear then you don't live at all... that's my take.

My weekend was supposed to be a trip FINALLY to Six Flags but we are stuck with rain and clouds and just who the heck wants to go to an amusement park on the other end of the state with that kind of weather when half the rides, like coasters could be shut down? It's not worth it so again it was postponed.

Went shopping for the cruise today and picked up some new shorts, Old Navy is having a good summer time clearance sale and I picked up three pairs of shorts for $16 total! How's that for good shopping. Now I'm all set for the cruise... let's just hope I don't leave any of these clothes behind like I did the last time! :(

You guys were getting some intense heat out there. I deal with folks at a large company in St. Louis and they were telling me if the heat isn't killing them then sever storms are trying! It's madness. Here in the Northeast we're all over the map lately... mostly oppressive humidity that makes it feel like over 100 degrees.

I guess we've got 7 weeks to go until we sail. I have to type up an email and send it along to one of the gay boys going on the cruise before ours. He's been nice enough to offer his services to pass along some information to the Cruise Director, as a back up in case our onboard services coordinator shore side doesn't get it all together right.

Enjoy your weekend!

~Jake

Hey,

Oh yes, it has really been a chore getting on and doing anything on this site. Not sure why but after a bit I just walked away. The frustration just wasn't worth it.

I am so sorry you missed your chance again at Six Flags. Bet you are wondering if you are ever going to make it there.

We are house/dog sitting for friends in Omaha this week. They are in Chicago. Scott is going to stay most of the time. He likes it. Only 10 minutes from work instead of the hour. He is in heaven. The dogs aren't much trouble either. Have ours up here with us now and they all get along.

That is the excitement here. We went to Old Navy and didn't find a thing. Did get a couple things at another store though. Got our travel size essentials today. I am ready to start packing!!!! Ready to go!!!!!! This trip is going to be just great!!!

I liked the idea of everyone wearing something to know they were one of the group. That is neat. We have a couple leis we could wear also.

Have a good week ahead.

Paul

Hey Jake,

My goodness. Princess sure has been having a string of bad luck. This was the 2nd time this steering thing happened on a Princess ship, plus the Star saga. Not good. Hope your cruise is event free. Think I'll stick to X. All their accidents happen off the ship :rolleyes: .

How's the sunburn? I could use some sun. Been so busy, haven't seen the beach yet this summer. I think we finally broke out heat wave here. It's going to be in the 80's today. It was brutal last week.

Happy Monday all!!

Jeff

Hey Paul & Scott -

I'll be lucky if I get to Six Flags New England before gay day out there in September. Knowing my luck that's when I'll end up going and probably going by myself and wasting a friggin ticket! :(

The whole dog sitting thing sounds like fun. I've done that on a professional basis while in college and it was an ok time so long as the dogs get along with you and you them. If not, then it can be problematic... especially if they want to jump on you and they are about the same weight as you! :eek:

Old Navy is a crap shoot for clothing. Express for Men, since they gave up their Structure name has gone far to faggy for me. I'm gay so I can say that but PINK??? I'm not that gay!! Geesh, what's the deal. The clothes in there have gone to more of a feminine severally metrosexual look. I sent them an email about it. They asked me to take a survey and I guess they listened. Some of the clothes do appeal to me, although only a few items. The rest is still far too outside my realm to fit my taste.

I think those sticks in the mud won't do anything like wearing leis to the gathering. If you guys want to do that so I will know who you are in then that's great! We can have a GLB cruise critic gathering at the same time, only we'll be more festive than the rest! ;)

It's awesome outside! The sun is out in time for the start of the work week!!

Jeff,

That's the POT calling the KETTLE... BLACK!

Celebrity couldn't be less reliable if ever I have seen it. They are notoriously unreliable. Their Mellinnium class ships are as good as a first class barge adrift in the ocean half the time. They can't get the stupid azipod system to work right. Just last night a cruise critic posting was done for the Infinity again with a problem with the pod propulsion system and the ship coming to a stop to investigate it.

When I go on a cruise, I want to go some where and... get there, I don't care where I'm going, I just want to get there. Celebrity can't guarantee that their ship will even be able to get some place.

Princess on the other hand has had some problems with human error and tragedies that are outside their control. The Star incident was not their fault, it was someone on their balcony smoking presumably although that has not been officially stated by Princess yet.

The Galveston Grand Princess incident was caused by a human wanting to get urgent treatment for another human and slipping the mind about the fact that the ship doesn't turn on a dime. It was human error. This latest incident onboard the Crown, who knows, depending on where you read it might have been a screwy auto pilot to human error. All the news outlets are having a field day speculating. I'm waiting for the official word.

My take is if the ship moves and gets me there, even sideways with a free cruise then I'm happy than worrying if the ship will sail or the cruise need to be cancelled because of crappy propulsion pods that Rolls Royce should have known better. Bless Princess for not embracing that stupid design!

Ok... now I'm coming off my soap box! :D

The sunburn isn't doing too swell. I think I severely burned my left foot, it's still red and it's been over a week now. It hasn't peeled. Eeek!

~Jake

P.S. I wouldn't mind a list or two if it's at the end of the cruise and the cruise is free and you get a free cruise in the future. I'll just make sure the TV is secured with chewing gum to the table!

Hey Jake

LOL....Oh easy now bubby....don't get your panties in a bunch :D . Had to tease you just a little now..

Ahhh. Vaca in 2 weeks. I need a break....The beach does sound like a great idea.

Later all

Jeff

Sorry there Jeff! Loads of people, especially folks from Carnival (and I can't figure out why) are trash talking Princess lately (even on the Princess Cruises folder about the Crown Princess incident) and it's gotten me worked up a little.

If Celebrity to could get their propulsion issues worked out, I'd consider sailing on them. I think their ships are just a hair better than Princess (more elegant) but everything to me was the same. However, it doesn't do you no good if you're just adrift because the propulsion system isn't working! LOL :D

I see Ross is trying to find an X cruise and Barb and Bruce already have themselves on a B2B X cruise!

Vacation in 6 weeks here!

~Jake

P.S. Paul and Scott, have you disappeared or do you not have access to a PC where you are?

Jake,

Yes, we have a computer. I spent a good deal of the afternoon looking on here at various things. Was really a very good use of my time. Last few days haven't been to good with me I'm afraid. Was a bit under the weather but think it was mostly my own fault due to stress and worry. One of the dogs is sick today so may have to take it to the vet tomorrow. Have stayed here for many years and never had any trouble with the animals. Guess there had to be a first. Makes it a bit more difficult in that I was supposed to go home for the day tomorrow to do some work. Calling the vet first thing in the morning so hopefully the day will end up o.k. I am afraid I need my vacation now. Really would like to run away from home. So, that is about all I am afraid.

Understand how you may get upset reading a lot of the stuff people write on here. Some make it sound like Princess is having some accident on almost every cruise. Some of these people just nit-pick things to pieces. Guess they have nothing else to do with their time. Sad.

Later . . . . .

Paul

Hey Paul,

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Try and hold out a little while longer for our cruise, it's not too far away. It'll be here and sadly gone before you know it! :(

Hopefully the pooch is ok, you're the third person I know of with dog problems. Two of my co-workers have had issues this week with their animals, one had to be put down because of a very disgusting thing that occurred. I think she learned her lesson, don't keep the animals outside all the time. That way, infestations of things won't happen! :(

On another note, you are right about those on here liking to nit-pick. We are all critics of different lines. We have to agree to disagree sometimes and take the humble way out. However, on that Princess Cruises folder, it's madness... people are just acting like a bunch of idiots. Sometimes I want to chime in but then I know what we folks who post on discussion boards call as "TROLLS". They love starting a fight and if you indulge in it then you are fueling their stupid remarks.

Hope things get better for ya! Did you end up booking something for Jamaica? Do you have your Hawaiian shirt ready to go? :D

~Jake

Hey,

Yes, we did book something in Jamaica. It is thru the ship. It is a boat trip to the falls and climbing them then to a beach for a couple hours then back to the ship. Read someone who had taken it on here and said how wonderful it was. Going to go see the Stingrays/snorkel in Grand Cayman. Nothing planned for Cozumel. Leaving that open to whatever we feel like I think. Will see.

It is hard to believe how some people say Princess is not safe. Look at all the times those ships go out and come back with no problems and they talk about 3 incidents over a period of years and that is unsafe. Do these people get in their cars to go places or for that matter even leave their homes? Be real folks!!! Enough from me today.

Better go. Have to call the vet and see what he has to say.

Later,

Paul

Do have my tropical shirt ready to go.

Hey Paul,

You're a trooper in Jamiaca! I am not sure I'm going very much past the pier or the end of it there to go to Margaritaville. It's like a sea day for us! In Cozumel we're doing the submersable sub adventure (mom can't swim) and then in Cozumel we're doing the San Gervasio ruins on Cozumel island followed by some wild times at Carlos 'N Charlies and Senor Frog! :D

I'm still up for the grave site hunt on Princess Cays, it'll give me something to do that day off the ship. Are you leading the way? :)

The three incidents people are referring to have all happened this year. Prior to that, Princess hasn't had any problems at all. The fire was out of their control but some still blame Princess for all the damage and loss when it never happened before at sea so fire prevention methods weren't and still aren't in place on many ships in the fleet for balconies!

The list that happened earlier this year was onboard the Grand Princess coming out of Galveston and was human error again but that was simply the need to get a passenger with a life threatening condition to a shore side hospital. I think the person in that instance was just trying to act quickly to save a human life and instead caused a few more injuried due to the fact that the ship doens't turn on a dime. This instance on the Crown is entirely different, there was no reason for the ship to turn that suddenly... no medical emergency or whatever. I still trust Princess and to those people who don't, I agree with you, I do wonder how they get in their car every morning!

Enjoy your day... hope all goes well with the vet.

~Jake

Hey Jake,

No prob. I have a few tips for ya on the Western Cruise.

1- Margaritaville..That's the way to go for sure. I sat in the pool bar all day :D

2-Cozumel- Did the San Gervasio tour. It's OK..BRING BUG SPRAY!!! I was eaten alive.It is also very hot as well. Even though Mom doesn't swim, there is a catamaran tour run by Fury...It's really good. It is large enough to lay out on, very clean and after snorling, they take you to a private beach. They pull right up to the beach so just your feet get wet. Really nice place to relax. I definitly would do that one again when I go back. I did the submarine tour in Nassau. It was boring and didnt see anything except sand.

You said Cozumel 2 times..Did you mean Grand Caymen instead??

Cya

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

When you say pool bar, you mean a pool with water and not an area of the bar with pool tables in it? If that's the case, that's good to know so I can bring my swin trunks with me if it's the water version! :)

What's it like there at Margaritaville? Is it as wild as Carlos 'N Charlies or more subdued?

The first time I said Cozumel I meant that to be Grand Cayman. I'm just so excited about Cozumel, I had it on my mind. I can't wait to have a blast in CNC and SF. It's going to be madness! :eek: :D

I forget what the heck we're doing in Cayman Islands. I thought we were doing something besides the submarine ride but now I'm not sure! Maybe even get to the new Senor Frogs on that island! PARTY TIME! Yeeha! :D

Toodlooo!

~Jake

Archived