Some more thoughts about our Getaway 18-26 cruise

Peachypooh

Now that I have been home a few days and posted an initial mini review I have had

time to think a bit more.

The past few years have been difficult for obvious reasons for the cruise line and for

the parents and kids that were on this cruise.

People were over the top  excited to be going on a vacation and from what I have read some children

have had emotional and behavioral issues due to the isolation and stress of not going to

school. It lead to what I consider the worst behavior I have ever seen on a cruise ship from some

parents and their children (not all of them and not a majority but enough to make some other cruisers 

miserable). Combine that with NCL trying to keep their head above water by jamming the ship full

beyond the capacity of crew to handle and cutting corners here and there and it was a difficult

situation.Especially the itinerary changes and cancelled shore excursions. We all have suffered

during the shutdown and coming out of it hasn't been easy. My husband is in his 70's and he almost

cried that he didn't get to go to Tank America to drive a tank due to late arrival......that is not his normal

reaction to that sort of thing. 

All in all I think it is just a rocky restart and it will improve. I have a cruise planned in December

on the Pearl and am really looking forward to it. For now concentrate on the good aspects. At least

I wasn't sitting on the couch in my house like in 2020 and 2021 missing my family.

It will get better...

• Like 3

Thanks so much for trying to maintain a positive frame of mind. SO much of what I see lately is negative and it really is disheartening. These operators had NO income for a VERY long time and it's going to take a while to even break even, let alone see a real profit. Combine that with labor and supply issues and increasingly spoiled passengers and it's a drama waiting to happen. Whenever I hit those bumps lately (and we all do) I remind myself that at least I'm not from Ukraine or homeless or out of work. It could be SO much worse than having to wait a few extra minutes for a drink at the bar....

• Like 2

I was on the Feb. 1st Getaway cruise to Bermuda, which turned out to be a cruise to nowhere.  We had almost 4600 people aboard and it wasn't even a holiday sailing.  With so many people inside on cold days and all lounges at the pool taken on warmer days, it was quite hard finding somewhere quiet to sit and relax.  We usually like to use the hot tubs a few times but could never get in one being there were so many in it at one time.  The outside chairs on deck 8 were always full too.

We did the Breakaway in September, 2021 and The Joy in September, 2022 and it was not this crowded so I never realized that there were so few places to sit on this type of ship so I will never book this type again.  We got a measly 20% toward a future cruise for missing Bermuda entirely for two days but I read on fb that another cruise that missed only one port got a 30% FCC.  That is not very fair.

1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I was on the Feb. 1st Getaway cruise to Bermuda, which turned out to be a cruise to nowhere.  We had almost 4600 people aboard and it wasn't even a holiday sailing.  With so many people inside on cold days and all lounges at the pool taken on warmer days, it was quite hard finding somewhere quiet to sit and relax.  We usually like to use the hot tubs a few times but could never get in one being there were so many in it at one time.  The outside chairs on deck 8 were always full too.

We did the Breakaway in September, 2021 and The Joy in September, 2022 and it was not this crowded so I never realized that there were so few places to sit on this type of ship so I will never book this type again.  We got a measly 20% toward a future cruise for missing Bermuda entirely for two days but I read on fb that another cruise that missed only one port got a 30% FCC.  That is not very fair.

I understand. People work very hard to save up their money and use their vacation time and to have this happen is beyond disappointing for people. Is this the cruise that only  went to the Bahamas for a few hours overnight and nothing was open? I would have felt very closed in and jumpy. So sorry this happened to you.

I am on the getaway in a couple weeks I thought about doing the tank thing to. 
but after I thought about it, why pay the extra money it’s in Port, Canaveral, Florida

I googled driving a tank and there’s places all over the country. You could do this for about half the price.

1 hour ago, rdemn said:

I am on the getaway in a couple weeks I thought about doing the tank thing to. 
but after I thought about it, why pay the extra money it’s in Port, Canaveral, Florida

I googled driving a tank and there’s places all over the country. You could do this for about half the price.

Good to know! Thanks.