What would you pay additional for an a cruise?

stbmom

I'd pay extra for a kid free cruise, with more non-smoking areas and more days at sea.

We go on a cruise not to be pampered but not to have schedule a day full of activities. Having to worry about buying overpriced tours or finding my own or even jsut riding a crappy taxi, bus or mule to a touristy area with the shops hawking thier crappy wares gets old after a few cruises.

We all pay good money for 3 meals a day, room cleaning and access to the sun etc.

Why should we pay extra to lose any of that to have to pay for our meals on land?

We're trying to find more trans-ocean or repositioning cruises.

Problem is none of the cruise lines publish or promote these types of cruises very well.

Why are you cruising RCCL? they appeal to families and a younger crowd, move to Cunard, Celebrity, Crystal, Regency.....

I'd definitely pay more for a totally non-smoking cruise but not on a crappy ship like the Paradise. That ship was old and didn't even have balcony rooms. I never considered booking that ship because I like the newer ships much better and absolutely must have a balcony. It's no wonder that it didn't work out for Carnival.

I think RCCL could pull this off if they didn't make their ship(s) non-smoking for every cruise like Carnival did with the Paradise. If they just non-smoking for 1 cruise a month I'd bet they could retain their booking levels and may even find the bookings stronger for those weeks.

I would pay extra for going on a cruise without complainers. Just people looking to have a good time and get along. So when is the next party and fruity drink?

Complainers - on this board? You have got to be kidding! 99.9% of us are OK. As I sit here typing this, I"m listening to the song "I hope you have the time of your life". Which is in reality what we should all do - have the time of our lives. No whining, no opposite of bastarding, no nothing. Just have a great time and let that flow to all other new cruisers - time of your life.... I know it is my new motto!:)

I would certainly look to book a totally non-smoking cruise. In our town, they even have comedy shows, one night non-smoking and another for smokers. I have Attended both, glad the non-smoking one was non-smoking, room was small and backed. Non-Smoker

First cruise was a Disney, didn't bring my children, but didn't see the children, were kept busy, when I did take them, my oldest daughter a teen at the time, had a terrible time, they teens (not her) were so bad they disbanded all activities for them (Disney), youngest daughter enjoy her self at Pluto's playhouse. She is now a teenager, and has cruised with a friend on RCCL, had a great time, in fact those two were out later than us. We just came back from a weekend cruise with both daughters, now 23 and 16, they both had a great time. We love to travel, so we have taught manners from the very beginning. I have have many compliments on how well behaved they were and small children. Others should do the same.

This is a very interesting thing and there are certainlly some things i would be willing to pay extra for, but I am not gonna take any chances on someone from RCCL reading this and getting any bright ideas. :D They do a lot of "nickel and diming" already.

Since 911 I and other firefighters always bring the US Flag to hang on the balconies along with a Firefighter flag in memory of a very good friend of who was a FDNY Firefighter who died on 911. Our group usally sailed with Carnival and the 2 years after 911 sailing on Carnival the crew would always cut our flags down cause the ship does not fly the US flag is what they told us. Once we told them why they would usually let us fly them but not always.

This year on RCCL I am not bringing the flags as a way to put 911 behind us.

Since 911 I and other firefighters always bring the US Flag to hang on the balconies along with a Firefighter flag in memory of a very good friend of who was a FDNY Firefighter who died on 911. Our group usally sailed with Carnival and the 2 years after 911 sailing on Carnival the crew would always cut our flags down cause the ship does not fly the US flag is what they told us. Once we told them why they would usually let us fly them but not always.

This year on RCCL I am not bringing the flags as a way to put 911 behind us.

Huh? :confused:

I would pay for a scent free cruise. There are a lot of people that have chemical sensitivities and a scent free cruise would be great. It would really help if people would realize that they wear too much pefume and then compound it by "layering" their scents too.

I resent the fact that you want your own resturant so YOU can be happy.Talk about prejudice.Kids may be annoying but you won't die from lung cancer standing next to them.

No one is going to die from standing next to a smoker. The fact is the whole 2nd hand smoke issue was largely manufactured to something bigger than it was around the time of the massive tobacco settlement of the mid 1990s. (Remember when our noble state politicians extorted the tobacco companies for money for roads and schools and then allowed them to keep marketing a deadly product) Is 2nd hand smoke even dangerous? well, it depends. Prolonged exposure to second hand smoke does seem to increase your risk. Prolonged exposure is years of being around 2nd hand smoke. But how many of us are around smokers for years on a cruise ship? None I'd bet. You get annoyed by them for 10-20 minutes at a time and then go to your smoke free cabin or walk somewhere else on the ship or the wind changes direction in the pool area and presto you're no longer exposed. You are not in any significant danger.

By the way, I cannot stand smoking and think it is a stupid and deadly habit and I do understand that certain individuals are medically hypersensitive to smoke but I think part of this is a placebo effect.

I would choose a smoke free cruise if it were an option.

No one is going to die from standing next to a smoker. The fact is the whole 2nd hand smoke issue was largely manufactured . . . Is 2nd hand smoke even dangerous? . . . You are not in any significant danger.
I personally won't die because I'm standing beside a smoker, but a person with asthma might.

I've never seen any evidence that second hand smoke is "not dangerous".

Huh? :confused:

Every year for about 10 years or so a group of us would cruise together. After the 3rd cruise we named ourselves Team Fun and it grewed to over 100 at one time. In the group there were Firefighters, some from Cape Cod like me and some from FDNY. So in the group was a FDNY Firefighter from Manhattan. He cruised with the group every year. He was on duty on 911 and he payed the supreme sacafice. So in honor of him we would fly the US Flag and a Firefighter Flag on our balconies after 911. The crew on the 1st year came in and cut down the flags and placed them in our cabin. Some of us went doen to the pursors desk and asked why. Thenwe were seen by Oficers from the Bridge and thet infomred us that Carnival does not fly the US flag and the flags being on the baclonies could inpose a US ship and the flags could cause a navigational hazard.

After we we told them of our cause they let us fly the flags. On the next 2 years after we sometimes got away with flying them or they cut them downa dnwe had to explain it again, that's all.

Every year for about 10 years or so a group of us would cruise together. After the 3rd cruise we named ourselves Team Fun and it grewed to over 100 at one time. In the group there were Firefighters, some from Cape Cod like me and some from FDNY. So in the group was a FDNY Firefighter from Manhattan. He cruised with the group every year. He was on duty on 911 and he payed the supreme sacafice. So in honor of him we would fly the US Flag and a Firefighter Flag on our balconies after 911. The crew on the 1st year came in and cut down the flags and placed them in our cabin. Some of us went doen to the pursors desk and asked why. Thenwe were seen by Oficers from the Bridge and thet infomred us that Carnival does not fly the US flag and the flags being on the baclonies could inpose a US ship and the flags could cause a navigational hazard.

After we we told them of our cause they let us fly the flags. On the next 2 years after we sometimes got away with flying them or they cut them downa dnwe had to explain it again, that's all.

That's great, but how does that apply to this board? I didn't see the connection is all.

Regarding smoking and danger ..... Let's just put away any notion that second-hand smoke is dangerous or deadly for a moment. Bottomline is IT STINKS!!! And I am also a former smoker-5 years now. The very reason I never started back up is because I discovered how horrible I smelled. When I smoked, I had absolutely no idea what it was like for a non-smoker to smell my cigarette, or to smell my clothes or hair afterwards. I thought people exaggerated when they made big hand-fanning away gestures. I was pretty selfish about my "right" to smoke.

I don't know if there's any good solution to cruising and smoking, and I'm not sure how I'd handle it if a next door neighbor was smoking next to our balcony.... we all know its a delicate subject charged with emotion. I just hope I can respect others in all situations.

That's great, but how does that apply to this board? I didn't see the connection is all.

This was just a "complaint" to the "cruise staff" over on Carnival that's all, another poster wanted more "complaints" :D

By the Way...spell check is free. When you hit reply to thread, in the top right hand corner of the box, above the smilies, is a check mark with an ABC above it. That is spell check. You just have to download it and it works every time, if you remember to use it before you hit submit reply. However, you can always hit "edit" and go back in and check your spelling again. It is a wonderful addition to the cruise critic message boards.

Darlene

Please tell me how to download spell-check. Thanks!

Archived