Bistro on 5?

Abby Normal

42 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

It has been 8 years since our last cruise, but we have cruised many times on Celebrity.  I really hate that the Bistro is gone, but hopefully we can find another embarkation day quiet place to eat lunch.

After 8 years that included a pandemic Celebrity way be very different than what you remember 

They no longer. Have a chocolate buffet at night or the grand buffet in the MDR 

19 hours ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

If you are a suite guest, Luminae is open for lunch on embarkation day. 
Concierge cabin guests have a lunch in the MDR also. I don’t think anything else other than the buffet, mast grill and possibly the spa cafe would be open. Not sure about Sushi on 5, they might be too.

Thanks for the info!  Not in a suite on this sailing, we usually only book suites on Transatlantics.

19 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

After 8 years that included a pandemic Celebrity way be very different than what you remember 

They no longer. Have a chocolate buffet at night or the grand buffet in the MDR 

Yes, I’ve been reading cruise reviews and based on those reviews we have decided that we need to lower our expectations.  The cruise industry as a whole is hurting because of the pandemic, so they are making cuts in food quality and staff.  We have decided to not let that ruin our cruise though.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:42 PM, RTShaker said:

...Exactly. I also went there a time or two when the MDR menu didn't excite me and I didn't want to deal with the lines in the buffet. 

On 3/4/2023 at 2:53 PM, CruisersTimesThree said:

Concierge cabin guests have a lunch in the MDR also. I don’t think anything else other than the buffet, mast grill and possibly the spa cafe would be open. Not sure about Sushi on 5, they might be too.

On 3/4/2023 at 2:53 PM, CruisersTimesThree said:

DH & I really enjoyed the menu in Bistro on 5 (especially Chipotle Crab crepes or the chop salad) but I think it's been Sushi on 5 for 5+ years.  I miss the feeling of a European cafe.  I do not like sushi.  There are some other meals that are acceptable there but generally we give Sushi on 5 the same pass we do for Le Petit Chef.....done it once, no desire to repeat the experience.

10 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

Yes, I’ve been reading cruise reviews and based on those reviews we have decided that we need to lower our expectations.  The cruise industry as a whole is hurting because of the pandemic, so they are making cuts in food quality and staff.  We have decided to not let that ruin our cruise though.

Cruising on Celebrity is now different but we have had 6 cruises post pandemic and enjoyed all of them for the relaxation and the opportunity to meet great folks!  Keep positive, expect different since nothing stays the same forever and enjoy your upcoming cruise. 

• Like 2