1st time on RCL, 5th Time Cruising Out of San Juan

We cruise Sunday out of San Juan on the Voyager of the Seas. I just received an email from RCL about “increased marine traffic” and more congestion and traffic.

Is this their standard email or is San Juan more of a $@%<show than normal this weekend?

Also, we have a 2 to 230 checkin time. I have read a previous post that they are checking the times on people’s boarding passes. My thought is, since we are arriving so late, why not bring our luggage with us?  I’m sure our room will be ready and then I can unpack.

Thanks for any help.

12 minutes ago, Grumpella said:

We cruise Sunday out of San Juan on the Voyager of the Seas. I just received an email from RCL about “increased marine traffic” and more congestion and traffic.

Is this their standard email or is San Juan more of a $@%<show than normal this weekend?

Also, we have a 2 to 230 checkin time. I have read a previous post that they are checking the times on people’s boarding passes. My thought is, since we are arriving so late, why not bring our luggage with us?  I’m sure our room will be ready and then I can unpack.

Thanks for any help.

I've seen that canned statement for our SJ cruises. But that can change from cruise to cruise. If you can schlep your own luggage, go for it. Rooms are typically ready after one. But that can change from cruise to cruise.