Need Covid Test ?? Honolulu To Vancouver B.C.

warb

Canada removed this requirement at the end of October 2022. I am fully vaxxed so not an issue for me but mystifying why RCL would arbitrarily make this a requirement when authorities do not require it. It’s more just the hassle and the anxiety pre cruise when you are just looking to relax.

Edited by tottenhamfc

The bottom line, it's their football, their rules.  I guess they don't feel the need to justify anything to anybody.  It is too bad though that people have no relief for their prepaid/non-refundable excursions, airfare, and so on.  

Edited In:  BUT, if the requirement was published and in effect at the time of booking and non-refundable items were purchased anyway, well, what can I say?

Edited by Ret MP

39 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

The bottom line, it's their football, their rules.  I guess they don't feel the need to justify anything to anybody.  It is too bad though that people have no relief for their prepaid/non-refundable excursions, airfare, and so on.  

Edited In:  BUT, if the requirement was published and in effect at the time of booking and non-refundable items were purchased anyway, well, what can I say?

FYI. The requirements went into effect after booking and after final payment. Still I agree it is their ballgame and they can make their own requirements but in my opinion the requirement has no science behind it and seems totally subjective. That is probably why they won’t justify it. Because they can’t. 

BC’s Chief Medical Officer and the Canadian head both were in the news yesterday talking about another booster this Spring for aged and immuno compromised. They are cautious with no new restrictions. Maybe a “gentlemens agreement” had been made with the cruiselines for the start of the season. Just my take on it.

Edited by tottenhamfc

9 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

FYI. The requirements went into effect after booking and after final payment. Still I agree it is their ballgame and they can make their own requirements but in my opinion the requirement has no science behind it and seems totally subjective. That is probably why they won’t justify it. Because they can’t. 

We agree and, yes, I fully understand that it was in effect after the booking.