Reserving entertainment on the app

freakatck

Booking in advance is a good idea with MSC, you actually save a lot. (e.g. on Virtuosa the Carousel Production Show costs 10€ in advance instead of 18€ on board).

I thought it was possible in the app, because at least there is a corresponding tile that you can click on (click "Things to do" -> "Plan and Book" -> "Speciality Restaurants"). Please don't ask me why the shows appear under this heading. That is one of the secrets of MSC's IT. 😉
I just did a mock booking and noticed that it was not really in the app, but in an embedded web browser. 
But at least it would have worked 🙂 You can also go directly to the website, which is easier and takes you to exactly the same place.

Edited by LiquidWu

8 hours ago, LiquidWu said:

Booking in advance is a good idea with MSC, you actually save a lot. (e.g. on Virtuosa the Carousel Production Show costs 10€ in advance instead of 18€ on board).

I thought it was possible in the app, because at least there is a corresponding tile that you can click on (click "Things to do" -> "Plan and Book" -> "Speciality Restaurants"). Please don't ask me why the shows appear under this heading. That is one of the secrets of MSC's IT. 😉
I just did a mock booking and noticed that it was not really in the app, but in an embedded web browser. 
But at least it would have worked 🙂 You can also go directly to the website, which is easier and takes you to exactly the same place.

I was also told by someone else to look under “specialty dining”, but in the app when I go there it says “no items found”. I’ll try later on their website with a computer 🤷🏽‍♀️

I assumed OP was asking about Main Theatre shows - they cannot be booked on App until On Board. 
The Carousel Shows on Mera can be booked ahead and as someone else said at a savings. Once On Board those shows are $18 but booking prior to boarding they are $12.00.

3 hours ago, freakatck said:

I was also told by someone else to look under “specialty dining”, but in the app when I go there it says “no items found”. I’ll try later on their website with a computer 🤷🏽‍♀️

Yep they're not showing on either. At least for me.

7 hours ago, cellfree said:

I assumed OP was asking about Main Theatre shows - they cannot be booked on App until On Board. 
The Carousel Shows on Mera can be booked ahead and as someone else said at a savings. Once On Board those shows are $18 but booking prior to boarding they are $12.00.

The Carousel Shows on Mera can be purchased ahead of time but you cannot make reservation date or times until you are on the ship.

13 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Anyone else having this problem? Would be nice to prebook the carousel shows and maybe buy a dinning experience package.

Yes, that would indeed be desirable, but it is not a technical problem on (your) client's side. This function is simply not provided for. All reservations with a specific date/time (spa, restaurants, shows, etc.) are possible after embarkation at the earliest.

But if you can't even book without specifying the date/time in order to benefit from the favourable early booking rate, then this is definitely another mistake by MSC IT. Unfortunately, there is little you can do in such a case.

If the booking option is not displayed in your account, go to the public promo.
Does it also go wrong if you click the add button here (see screenshot)?

shows.png

Edited by LiquidWu
screenshot from the UK booking page added, as Ryan is from Lutterworth

10 hours ago, LiquidWu said:

Yes, that would indeed be desirable, but it is not a technical problem on (your) client's side. This function is simply not provided for. All reservations with a specific date/time (spa, restaurants, shows, etc.) are possible after embarkation at the earliest.

But if you can't even book without specifying the date/time in order to benefit from the favourable early booking rate, then this is definitely another mistake by MSC IT. Unfortunately, there is little you can do in such a case.

If the booking option is not displayed in your account, go to the public promo.
Does it also go wrong if you click the add button here (see screenshot)?

shows.png

Thanks @LiquidWu tried that and it doesn't work. Appreciate you trying to help though. 

This is the message I see whether accessed via the app or in the online portal.

Screenshot_20230313_195615_MSC for Me.jpg