Good news and need confirmation please

Cruisegirl6

On 3/4/2023 at 8:15 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

Hello, if its like you mention on the Solstice where you cannot get the everyday items as the MDR offers, the entrees are a ravioli (which is plain pasta in a way), Veal loin which none of us eat veal and then the typical chicken breast (I cannot eat chicken unless its organic, think what gets my stomach ill from chicken is the steroids and hormones), so there be no main entree there in Blu to choose from.  I cannot believe the MDR offer more choices than Blu, yikes.  I am up for surprises that be nice.

There was fish, pasta, beef … different things every day.

You have a lot of posts on Cruise Critic so I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that you have sailed before and thus know that there are no guarantees when you’re in the middle of the ocean. They won’t let you starve. The servers in Blu will bend over backward to keep you happy but there are some limits to what they can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, john1970 said:

We were on Eclipse last month from Sydney. We were in Aqua Class. We could order anything off the MDR menu and mix and match as much as we wanted. They had the MDR menu and Blu menu readily available. My husband is very fussy so this was a godsend. There was also another couple that had a lot of dietary concerns and the staff made sure they were happy every night.

Eclipse is not an E class ship. It’s different on those ships because blue is not close to any of the main dining room kitchens

5 hours ago, flviking said:

We were on Infinity last month in Blu.  No problem with any MDR items being ordered any evening.

Infinity is not an E class ship. It’s different on those ships because blu’s kitchen is not close to any of the main dining room  kitchens

On 3/4/2023 at 7:02 AM, mrgabriel said:

On Solstice in January you could NOT order the everyday favourites (French Onion soup, etc.) in Blu. And they no longer offered the grilled chicken or other basics as proteins. Instead, there were fish, beef & chicken dishes that were specific to Blu on the left side of the menu. I’m a very picky, allergic, plain eater and there was something there for me everyday and I usually had to make a choice. 

i say this to you with kindness - some things may be different from what people post here. Allow yourself to have some surprises & not plan everything in advance. 

We were in Blu on the feb 4 solstice sailing and we could order from the MDR menu. 

• Like 1