More wine questions

morich

Whether to check or carry on depends on how much / how heavy.

When you board, they will take it from you & put your cabin # on it with a sticker. When you're at a bar / restuarant, tell them you want your wine. They'll ask for your cabin #. When it comes up, you'll present your sign & sail card & they will charge the corkage fee then.

Whether to check or carry on depends on how much / how heavy.

When you board, they will take it from you & put your cabin # on it with a sticker. When you're at a bar / restuarant, tell them you want your wine. They'll ask for your cabin #. When it comes up, you'll present your sign & sail card & they will charge the corkage fee then.

Not exactly - the will store it if you want but you can take it to your cabin as well. Keep the receipt for the corkage it you plan to bring it to dinner or you may end up paying twice.

i carried on two bottles of wine intending to pay the corkage if asked ... no one asked drank one bottle in our cabin took the other bottle (magnum) to a group dinner again intending to pay corkage waiter said "do you want me to open your "very large bottle" said nothing about corkage he got a big tip :)

Hi - I was planning on bringing a special bottle in my carry on, paying the corkage fee as I arrived and continuing on my way, with my bottle, to my stateroom. I am planning on drinking the wine in my stateroom.

As I read above comments, it seems that NCL takes your wine after you pay the corkage and you then have to retrieve it??? Do I have to go through the hassle of asking for my paid-up property even if I am consuming it in my stateroom and I explain this as I am paying the corkage fee?? This seems a bit ridiculous to say the least. Please tell me it isn't so

Hi - As I read above comments, it seems that NCL takes your wine after you pay the corkage and you then have to retrieve it??? Do I have to go through the hassle of asking for my paid-up property even if I am consuming it in my stateroom and I explain this as I am paying the corkage fee?? This seems a bit ridiculous to say the least. Please tell me it isn't so

Read everything - they do not take your wine - you can take it to your cabin - they will take it if you want and store it so it can be delivered to any table for diiner

Not exactly - the will store it if you want but you can take it to your cabin as well. Keep the receipt for the corkage it you plan to bring it to dinner or you may end up paying twice.
Sailing on the Jewel April 2nd. So basically I can bring my favorite bottle of wine (maybe 2 or 3), as NCL does not offer it and after paying the corkage fee of $15 per bottle, I can happily take it to my stateroom, ahem, mini-suite (sweet)? This is great news!!!!!! What can I expect to encounter at check in with the bottle(s) of wine?

Happy sails to all!!!!

Sailing on the Jewel April 2nd. So basically I can bring my favorite bottle of wine (maybe 2 or 3), as NCL does not offer it and after paying the corkage fee of $15 per bottle, I can happily take it to my stateroom, ahem, mini-suite (sweet)? This is great news!!!!!! What can I expect to encounter at check in with the bottle(s) of wine?

Happy sails to all!!!!

you can expect to sigh a chit for the corkage and you can also expect they might just wave you through and never collect the corkage. It is all a roll of the dice.

We have brought wine on a couple of times in the past few years: so far they have waved us on: We did not put it in our luggage but put it in our carry on. We were expecting to pay the cockage but were not charged for it. I think part of this has to do with how much, part of it has to do with whomever is checking at security and third by carrying it on with you, no one thinks you are trying to smuggle it on. yes, you can drink it in your cabin. That is what we did. At dinner we would buy a glass or bottle depending on our mood that day. NMnita

Archived