Travel companies in Canada that support Uplift Financing for RCCL

I'm in Canada - I want to know if anyone has found a travel company (Royal doesn't offer financing in Canada) that I can book my cruise with and use Uplift Financing? Have any fellow Canadians had any luck with this? Please let me know :)

6 minutes ago, jjunge81 said:

I'm in Canada - I want to know if anyone has found a travel company (Royal doesn't offer financing in Canada) that I can book my cruise with and use Uplift Financing? Have any fellow Canadians had any luck with this? Please let me know 🙂

I am genuinely curious.

In Canada, you can't make a deposit, and then pay out the balance up until a final payment date, interest free, like we do in the USA?

30 minutes ago, jjunge81 said:

I'm in Canada - I want to know if anyone has found a travel company (Royal doesn't offer financing in Canada) that I can book my cruise with and use Uplift Financing? Have any fellow Canadians had any luck with this? Please let me know 🙂

You might get some more responses if you post this in the Canadian Cruisers section.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2510-canadian-cruisers/

28 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am genuinely curious.

In Canada, you can't make a deposit, and then pay out the balance up until a final payment date, interest free, like we do in the USA?

My thoughts too.  I’ve never understood the point of UpLift

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jjunge81 said:

Use their flex pay instead.  You set the number of payments and how much you want to pay and the dates.  It just has to be paid in full by final payment.  No fees, no interest they just charge your card every month, works for Canadians. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

It's in essence taking out a loan to pay for your cruise.

Anybody who paid for a cruise on a credit card and didn't pay is off within the first billing period also took out a loan to pay for a cruise. I bet there are lots of people who do that based on what the banks make off their credit card operations. Maybe uplift is cheaper. 

14 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Anybody who paid for a cruise on a credit card and didn't pay is off within the first billing period also took out a loan to pay for a cruise. I bet there are lots of people who do that based on what the banks make off their credit card operations. Maybe uplift is cheaper. 

Also true.  

If you don't pay off your credit card bill each month (which if you can't do, then you shouldn't be charging that much. Rant over) , then uplift most certainly is cheaper the way credit card interest rates are.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Also true.  

If you don't pay off your credit card bill each month (which if you can't do, then you shouldn't be charging that much. Rant over) , then uplift most certainly is cheaper the way credit card interest rates are.

🤐Shhh!

I have lots of bank stocks in my retirement portfolio. Double 🤐🤐

20 hours ago, Rusty_lock said:

My thoughts too.  I’ve never understood the point of UpLift

Uplift allows you make payments over a longer period, even after the travel is completed. This is really nice for folks who want to take longer travel trips or upgrade to higher level cabins but want more time to spread out the payments. 

As for the OP, you can go through Uplift directly or through a Travel Agent that has a partnership with them.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Uplift allows you make payments over a longer period, even after the travel is completed. This is really nice for folks who want to take longer travel trips or upgrade to higher level cabins but want more time to spread out the payments. 

As for the OP, you can go through Uplift directly or through a Travel Agent that has a partnership with them.

Ah, I never thought bout that.  I’m usually booking 2 years out so that wouldn’t affect me. Thanks.