Ovation - delights and disappointments in the Caribbean

margbem

10 minutes ago, Cantara24 said:

So you are admitting to being a lounge hog?? Nice for you

Oh, yeah, for the five minutes it takes me to walk to the laundry to put items n the washer.  

I wish I could post my real response but would get me no longer on this site…..

1 hour ago, LMB01 said:

Oh, yeah, for the five minutes it takes me to walk to the laundry to put items n the washer.  

I wish I could post my real response but would get me no longer on this site…..

Don't be offended.  There have been many threads in this forum about people who reserve a lounger at the pool and then go and do something else.  I can understand why a poster here thought you were one of those people.  I guess the unasked question is---why do you reserve your lounger and THEN go and start laundry? Why not start your laundry and then go find a lounger?   And, are you reserving a lounger for your husband even though he is still asleep/and or in your suite?  THIS is the kind of thing that upsets other passengers.  They object to others reserving a lounger early when they are not going to be using it. Others would also object if you reserved a lounger when the ship is in port--then left the ship, leaving the lounger reserved.  It's a sensitive point.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2023 at 9:43 PM, margbem said:

Yes - it wasn’t meant to be like that! My PC converted into this - obviously my lack of skill but people have managed to read it. 

Hi margbem. I was just reading through a blog I did on here about hubby and his mountain bike and came across your post about the trip from Venice with your family for a big birthday. Did you get your Venice sailaway?

7 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Hi margbem. I was just reading through a blog I did on here about hubby and his mountain bike and came across your post about the trip from Venice with your family for a big birthday. Did you get your Venice sailaway?

Luckily we did! But that was over six years ago so really glad we managed it. We cruised out of “Venice” last May and it turned into Ravenna. Not quite the same!!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 11:41 PM, LMB01 said:

Funny

we are in our suite by your dining time!

We became early risers with our careers and despite being retired, can’t break it!  (Ok, let’s be serious, husband is fine sleeping late but I am the first one at the pool deck every morning securing our lounges - then I go put laundry in!).

I am sorry, If I saw you doing that I would get up even be it 4am and place my book on your loungers just to annoy you, its my pet hate people reserving loungers, even worse on our last cruise tow people reserved 4 loungers, 2 in the shade and two in the sun!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tallante said:

Shows what type of person you are to do this.  Maybe she’s washing machine/tumble dry hogger as well!

Sadly, they to walk among us, and, borrowing from some of our southern neighbor's…

Bless your heart.

3 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

On board a ship,who knew😀

Many years ago on the Pride I encountered a delightful elderly gentleman in the very small laundry room (I believe he was the Rabbi on board for the religious ceremonies) with bags of washing still to go in the machine and both of the very old machines and dryers already in use with his washing,  I remember he had no idea of mixing white and colours and with several ladies wanting to use the machines we had fun and yes it was fun helping him sort it. In the end however, we all decided that it was time for another drink and return another day.  Maybe early in the morning after the sun lounger has been reserved!!