Another question on the Upgrade Bid process

mickeysgal

A few months back, we did receive the email to bid on upgrades.  We did put in a few bids.  Then prices dropped a bit and we decided to go ahead and upgrade ourselves and directly pay for the cabin category we wanted.  We did cancel our bids since we essentially upgraded ourselves - we went from a sunset balcony to a forward facing Haven penthouse.  We'd now like to put in a bid for other Haven categories.  We haven't received a new offer to upgrade based on our new cabin category.  Do you only get one upgrade offer per sailing regardless if you've upgraded yourself?  If I go look at the upgrade email we originally got and click on the link, it still shows us in our old cabin category and therefore upgrade minimums (including to the category we already moved to) based on our old cabin. Hope this makes sense!  Thanks.

You need to cancel your bids, because if you don't they may select you for one of those cabins and then automatically charge you and create a mess.  When you go into your account on NCL.com you should have a banner that looks like this:

image.thumb.png.6888d5a1dcefdb57772946fc5046b5d5.png

It may or may not show you your new cabin info and new upgrade possibilities, but you should have the option to cancel out your old bids.

Good luck.

48 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

A few months back, we did receive the email to bid on upgrades.  We did put in a few bids.  Then prices dropped a bit and we decided to go ahead and upgrade ourselves and directly pay for the cabin category we wanted.  We did cancel our bids since we essentially upgraded ourselves - we went from a sunset balcony to a forward facing Haven penthouse.  We'd now like to put in a bid for other Haven categories.  We haven't received a new offer to upgrade based on our new cabin category.  Do you only get one upgrade offer per sailing regardless if you've upgraded yourself?  If I go look at the upgrade email we originally got and click on the link, it still shows us in our old cabin category and therefore upgrade minimums (including to the category we already moved to) based on our old cabin. Hope this makes sense!  Thanks.

Nope. As soon as your paid upgrade was made, you could upgrade again. Click on the original link. Or go to your app and click Room Upgrades. 

16 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. As soon as your paid upgrade was made, you could upgrade again. Click on the original link. Or go to your app and click Room Upgrades. 

I did click on the original link. It still shows my old room category. I’ll try the app. Thanks 

3 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

I did click on the original link. It still shows my old room category. I’ll try the app. Thanks 

We had this exact thing happen before....I made a call to NCL and they "reset" something so that the correct information was then transferred to Plus Grade (the company that runs the upgrade system).  Either later that day or the next, we had a new upgrade screen with the revised cabin number.

24 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Just checked the app- I don’t see anything for Room Upgrades. Ugh. 

1 minute ago, JandC_Cruising said:

We had this exact thing happen before....I made a call to NCL and they "reset" something so that the correct information was then transferred to Plus Grade (the company that runs the upgrade system).  Either later that day or the next, we had a new upgrade screen with the revised cabin number.

Thanks- I’ll give them a call 

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Ok - I see the Room Upgrade option on the app.  When I click on it, it's not showing my new cabin category as an option to bid, so I would assume that it knows I've upgraded myself into the Haven.  But now the bottom absolute minimums to bid on other haven rooms are higher than if I paid outright for them.  Is that normal?  That doesn't seem right....

Edited by mickeysgal