Premium WIFI On Infinity, Can We Switch Devices/Users

wellsme1

Heading on our first Celebrity cruise in a few weeks (B2B South America). After investigating the basic WIFI plan we have included, it seems as though

at least one of us needs to upgrade to the premium.

If we upgrade one of our WIFI packages to premium are we able to switch devices after one of us logs off. We both do not need the premium.

Royal is okay with this, but we don't know about Celebrity.

Thank you.

Yes, you can log in and log out of as many devices as you want as often as you want.  I often switch between an iPhone, MacBook, and iPad with a 1 device account.  Sometimes my husband and I even share a 1 device account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I just tried to upgrade our internet on Infinity on a cruise in October 2023 and was told by our Personal Vacation Planner that the infrastructure on Infinity doesn't support Premium wifi....therefore only Basic is available. Not a big deal, but we plan to inquire when we board. 

2 minutes ago, Maggie North said:

I just tried to upgrade our internet on Infinity on a cruise in October 2023 and was told by our Personal Vacation Planner that the infrastructure on Infinity doesn't support Premium wifi....therefore only Basic is available. Not a big deal, but we plan to inquire when we board. 

I think your CVP is mistaken. 

3 minutes ago, Maggie North said:

I was simply reporting what I heard...please let me if you are aware of more information. TIA.

Yes, I realize that which is why I said I think your CVP is mistaken and not you. 

I simply do not recall reading on CC that Infinity is limited in that way.  When I get a chance, I will scour CC to see if I can back that up. 

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, I realize that which is why I said I think your CVP is mistaken and not you. 

I simply do not recall reading on CC that Infinity is limited in that way.  When I get a chance, I will scour CC to see if I can back that up. 

I am doing the same...hubby read on a FB forum that wifi is very weak inside cabins, but signal is stronger in more public areas such as Solarium and Sky Lounge. Interesting that booking a Retreat cabin (which we do not have), Premium wifi is offered as an amenity.  Within the "plan your cruise" section under our account, only Wifi  devices is offered...no mention of either Basic or Premium.

If I remember, I will report back after boarding this ship with a solid answer.  I appreciate your efforts.

Edited by Maggie North
Added more information

16 minutes ago, Maggie North said:

I was simply reporting what I heard...please let me if you are aware of more information. TIA.

Perhaps I may be mistaken. I came across this very recent thread which tends to support what you heard. Too bad. 

Edited by mahdnc

Had an aft Concierge class balcony on Infinity last September with Premium wifi.  Service seemed to be the usual for O3B internet. I believe Infinity is the last ship scheduled for Starlink, but the timetable I saw is old, so it may have changed.