Pride in July-Cabin Question

2munchkins

First let me say that I am a new cruiser going in July on the Pride with my dh for our 10 year anniversary. Another couple is going to be going along with us also. I just found these boards and I'm so addicted. You guys are so great with all of your tips and suggestions.

So my question is when I booked with Carnival we didn't really know what the best place to get the rooms would be and the carnival agent told us the highest deck, middle of the ship. So we booked 8166 and 8168. Now after reading these boards it seems as if that wasn't the greatest place to be due to noise. So I'm wondering if it is too late to change and if we can what are some recommendations?

It also seems like July was the worst month to go...but there is nothing I can do about this now so we will just have to make the best of it :D

We were on the Pride July, 2004 and we had a great time. Since you are at sea, there is a nice breeze. In Matzalan it was a bit hot but we rode with Randi's Happy Horses so were on the beach and had a wonderful time. July is not a bad time at all.

We had an inside and a balcony room on the Empress deck towards the back of the ship so I can't help you with rooms.

You will have a wonderful time!

If you are having 2nd thoughts on your cabin location, you might want a cabin where you are sandwiched between passenger cabins. Decks 5, 6 and 7 are that way. On deck 8 you might get lots of noise from above. Your cabins are right below the pool. I've heard that you can be woken up early by the deck hands putting the lounge chairs out. I have a friend that will be in 8166 on the Miracle (sister ship) in 2 weeks. But I can't help you that much right now.

We cruised on the Pride in 2004 and it was SMMMMMMMOOOOTH as silk. As long as you are midship (which is where your cabin is), your good to go enjoy....and say hello to Sammy & Nok (Dining room stewerds)for us! Bon voyage...YOU WILL ENJOY!!!!

Thanks for everyone's great replies!

Moonmullins-I'm happy to find out someone else from here will be on the same cruise! I kept checking the roll call but nothing yet. I guess it's quite a bit early. 50th anniversary...that sounds like fun!

If you want to change, do so ASAP (before the cabin you want is taken). The same cabin location on deck seven might be a better choice.

Here is what the Long Beach dock looks like ...

LongBeach.jpg">

The Pride docks where the Paradise is in the photo above ...

Pride.jpg">Pride.jpg

We had 7251 and loved it! No noise and around the corner from elevators and just down the hall from the laundry room. I also try to get a room that has other rooms above and below. Both cruises we went on we had the same deck and area and both were great locations!

Archived