15th floor balcony booked. Upgrade bidding available, to bid or not to bid?

Cookie love

Hi, I got the balcony booked. I'm not sure that we will like the "roof" on the balcony as it's located underneath a overhang. I want to have my bathing suit dry and may want to do some star gazing 🙂  I have a chance to get a club balcony room, because the starting bid is dirt cheap. The travel agent called the cruiseline and they have a couple of Club Balcony suits available. The upgrade price would be about $450 more. Not willing to pay that much? The penthouse balcony's opening bid is slightly higher than I would like to offer, and they don't offer that suite on the 15th floor.

Is it bad to place a bid, and then end up with a room on a bad floor?  Or should I just forget about bidding? 

49 minutes ago, Cookie love said:

Hi, I got the balcony booked. I'm not sure that we will like the "roof" on the balcony as it's located underneath a overhang. I want to have my bathing suit dry and may want to do some star gazing 🙂  I have a chance to get a club balcony room, because the starting bid is dirt cheap. The travel agent called the cruiseline and they have a couple of Club Balcony suits available. The upgrade price would be about $450 more. Not willing to pay that much? The penthouse balcony's opening bid is slightly higher than I would like to offer, and they don't offer that suite on the 15th floor.

Is it bad to place a bid, and then end up with a room on a bad floor?  Or should I just forget about bidding? 

We got offers where we could end up with a smaller room and a smaller balcony. Not anxious to roll the dice and wind up with a downgrade that NCL calls an upgrade.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 2:20 PM, Cookie love said:

We booked our cabin right where we wanted to be....now we have offeres to upgrade to anything above a balcony. We can only afford the Spa Suite Balcony but we noticed that they are below the racetrack and there is no guarantee we'd get one that has no noise...so we decided to keep what we have. I keep going back and forth on the fence with it....I am just afraid that we won't be happy with the location and that we may not use the spa all that often with only 7 days. Go with your gut instinct. 

• Like 1

What do you mean by overhang?  Most balconies have another identical balcony above them.  I might have seen some that are more open, but they were low down and you will probably have a bunch of other cabins overlooking you which I would consider a negative, not a positive.

Hard to say much more without even knowing what ship this is...

On 3/12/2023 at 7:56 AM, Karaboudjan said:

What do you mean by overhang?  Most balconies have another identical balcony above them.  I might have seen some that are more open, but they were low down and you will probably have a bunch of other cabins overlooking you which I would consider a negative, not a positive.

Hard to say much more without even knowing what ship this is...

I'm going on the Joy.

From the deck plan, you can see that some cabins are configured with a different pattern in that some of the cabins in the front and back stick out more. When I looked it up on another board, it was noted to be the deck above has an overhang. This isn't the Joy, but this is what it may be like. 😞 

On 3/11/2023 at 9:42 PM, jeaniebelle said:

An upgrade to a Club Balcony (Mini Suite) for just $450 more is amazing- go for it !

I don't think it will be worth it. I will try my best to ask if the price decreases or I will try to ask for an upgrade when we arrive.