Hoppa or Taxi Terminal 2 to Heathrow Hotel

Tedferg

What is the best way to and from Heathrow Hotels and T2? We will stay over one night when we arrive and one night before we depart. Arrival will be 8:40 pm so looking at easiest way to Bath Road hotels. Is Hoppa reliable? Are Taxis amenable to short trips.

What hotel are you staying at at Heathrow ? Have used both options many times.  Hoppa is reliable but if you are happy to pay a bit more (approx £15 to £20 total cost) by black cab to Bath Road hotels then they will always be amenable from the main taxi rank at T2.

Due to £5 drop off fees these days it is more expensive when arranging for cab from hotel to T2, but it is a simple process to arrange via your hotel.  

Edited by kevey

Tedferg, do a Google map search From Terminal 2 to your hotel (add the time of the night you expect to leave Terminal 2) and google maps will compute for you.  I added in my hotel, Crown Plaza Terminal 4 from Terminal 2 and Google maps indicated I would need to walk 6 min to Heathrow Central Bus Station = take the bus for 6 minutes and then walk another 6min to my hotel.  Try it for yours.    I am now myself trying to figure out where / which / kind / of ticket /pass to buy as I will be in London for 3 full days.

"I am now myself trying to figure out where / which / kind / of ticket /pass to buy as I will be in London for 3 full days"

None of the above.  Just use a contactless bank card or phone pay to operate the ticket barriers.   This gets you the cheapest available fare.  The system uses "black magic" to calculate all your journeys during the day then makes one daily charge, at the lowest rate (which has a cap if you travel a lot).  Buying a paper ticket will cost more.

11 hours ago, pink845 said:

Tedferg, do a Google map search From Terminal 2 to your hotel (add the time of the night you expect to leave Terminal 2) and google maps will compute for you.  I added in my hotel, Crown Plaza Terminal 4 from Terminal 2 and Google maps indicated I would need to walk 6 min to Heathrow Central Bus Station = take the bus for 6 minutes and then walk another 6min to my hotel.  Try it for yours.    I am now myself trying to figure out where / which / kind / of ticket /pass to buy as I will be in London for 3 full days.

Great - Google says 7 - 10 minutes by car, 9:00 pm it could not calculate walking etc.

I wonder if there are Uber drivers at the airport at that time of night.

Edited by Tedferg

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Great - Google says 7 - 10 minutes by car, 9:00 pm it could not calculate walking etc.

I wonder if there are Uber drivers at the airport at that time of night.

Yes, there’ll be Uber drivers. 

Or if you’re staying at the Holiday Inn or Staybridge Suites on Bath Road, you can catch a U3 bus two stops from Heathrow Central bus station, there’s a bus stop right opposite the hotels. It runs every 12-20 mins and the fare is £1.75, payable by contactless credit or debit card or Apple/Google Pay.

48 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yes, there’ll be Uber drivers. 

Or if you’re staying at the Holiday Inn or Staybridge Suites on Bath Road, you can catch a U3 bus two stops from Heathrow Central bus station, there’s a bus stop right opposite the hotels. It runs every 12-20 mins and the fare is £1.75, payable by contactless credit or debit card or Apple/Google Pay.

How easy is it to get to Central Bus Station? Looks a little complicated on Google maps.

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

How easy is it to get to Central Bus Station? Looks a little complicated on Google maps.

Very easy. Google Maps is unreliable.

From T2 arrivals, follow signs to the Underground. Elevators & escalators will take you down to the underground walkway that’ll take you straight to the bus station.

15 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Do you mean to/from the terminals? You just walk through the underground walkway tunnels. Follow the signs.

Yes, forgot to mention that.

12 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Very easy. Google Maps is unreliable.

From T2 arrivals, follow signs to the Underground. Elevators & escalators will take you down to the underground walkway that’ll take you straight to the bus station.

Great - looks like a solution! I guess we can also do this in reverse, we will stay overnight before we fly home.

Edited by Tedferg