Adding 2nd cruise for Back to Back

jchristi

Hi! We have never cruised MSC before but have the 4 day Seaside booked on June 18 (for our 30th anniversary). We are now considering adding the next three day cruise as a back to back. I have read many places that you don’t want MSC messing with your reservation, so should I just book the 3 day myself online? This is how I booked the first cruise. We would be going from a Fantastica balcony to a Bella oceanview if that matters.

Would love any other B2B tips as well.

Thanks!

If I were in your shoes, I would book it online, yes.  It is easier online - no risk of them spelling names wrong.  😂 But then we have outrageous names. 

Edited by APDMOM
Clarify
  • Thanks 1

I would book online myself. The only thing by switching rooms is you will need to pack all of your stuff before leaving the ship to go through customs. They are supposed to move it to your new cabin, but it’s not a guarantee that they will. If possible, I would suggest just moving your own things the last day of the first cruise, if you can coordinate with the cabin stewards.

2 hours ago, jchristi said:

Hi! We have never cruised MSC before but have the 4 day Seaside booked on June 18 (for our 30th anniversary). We are now considering adding the next three day cruise as a back to back. I have read many places that you don’t want MSC messing with your reservation, so should I just book the 3 day myself online? This is how I booked the first cruise. We would be going from a Fantastica balcony to a Bella oceanview if that matters.

Would love any other B2B tips as well.

Thanks!

Book 2nd cruise online, we did it and it worked fine. I would suggest it does no good to call an MSC agent to make sure they are aware of 2nd cruise. Simply go to Guest Services when onboard.

Changing Cabins is no problem. You will receive paperwork as to what to do, very similar process that Carnival follows (it is the only one I can compare it to). You will be told when and where to meet and all the B2Bs will walk onto American soil/pavement in the Port building and circle back to ship. Room Steward will move bags for you, take a couple $1.00 TJMAXX bags to easily throw miscellaneous stuff into so you don’t have to take time to fit everything into your suitcase. Once back on board we waited a short time then went to new cabin to check on process, our bags were there already, cabin was done, so we moved in right away and unpacked. The big steel doors into the cabin hallways will be closed with a notice saying cabins will be ready later, open and head to new cabin anyway. 

Edited by cellfree