Pearl Harbor Tour Upon Disembarkation

NellieVA

We are returning on the NCL POA into Honolulu on 7 October and wish to take a Pearl Harbor tour after disembarkation, with a drop-off at the airport.  Our flight from Honolulu departs at 3:30pm.  None of the NCL-provided excursions would work for our flight timing, at least according to the NCL website.  Can anyone recommend a private tour company who can provide this tour?

Logistics: Keep in mind you will be off the ship around 7:00 am (?), and need to be at the airport no later than 1:30 pm.  You'll need about 90+ minutes at the memorial, especially if you take the tour out to the ship itself (assuming they are running that day and you have secured tickets).

Door-to-door you can Uber/Taxi from ship to Memorial in 20-30 minutes depending on traffic, and from Memorial to Airport in 15-20 minutes.  You don't need a private company. 

On 3/13/2023 at 11:44 AM, NellieVA said:

Can anyone recommend a private tour company who can provide this tour?

As the previous poster mentioned, no need for a tour company. Uber/Lyft/taxi for quick transportation over there and then to the airport.

You don't have a ton of time- whether this is even worth it or not will depend if you can get timed tickets for the ferry ride to and from the Arizona Memorial. These are available a couple months in advance on the government website, are for specific times, and do sell out. Once you have those you can start to plan more. 

I would say visiting Pearl Harbor is not feasible in your circumstances.

Finding a company with the just the right timing to meets your needs would be very expensive, plus you'd have to have tickets for the USS Arizona shuttle.

We are in the same situation, Nellie. Just yesterday, the airline advised that our departure time is changed from 4:30 to 3:30. That one hour makes a huge difference; we had arranged a private island tour, but now have limited time for stops. Probably not worth it given the cost.

Back to searching for options …

MOOLINE -- I was able to find a private company that can accommodate our schedule, and our flight is at 3:30pm, too.  If you want the name of the company, just let me know.  Their price is almost identical (a little less) than the tour/transfer offered by the cruise line, and they've guaranteed us Arizona tickets and drop off at the airport by 1:30pm.

thanks for all the replies.  Appreciate all the comments.  As a follow-up, we had considered the taxi/Uber option, but as we're going to have our luggage with us, we worried about storing that at Pearl Harbor.  I was successful in finding a private company that can accommodate our schedule, and the price is reasonable.

On 3/21/2023 at 9:47 AM, NellieVA said:

MOOLINE -- I was able to find a private company that can accommodate our schedule, and our flight is at 3:30pm, too.  If you want the name of the company, just let me know.  Their price is almost identical (a little less) than the tour/transfer offered by the cruise line, and they've guaranteed us Arizona tickets and drop off at the airport by 1:30pm.

I would like to know the tour company you found please! We are trying to find something to do after our cruise in July. Thanks!