Few questions about Pacific Adventure or Encounter

11 hours ago, Rassa said:

Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.  I will go and book early as you indicated.   I am not too fussy about same staff but we do like the 'Princess' way, for instance sharing a table with other diners - can one request that? Thanks for the advice, it's great knowing what to do in advance.

We like to share but on our P&O cruises last year they did not seat you with other passengers unless you were travelling with them. I found this a disadvantage because I like to go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch but my husband prefers the buffet for these meals. When I went into the dining room on my own, I was seated at a table on my own. I used to joke that I felt I was in the naughty corner, or "I should have brought as book". It made no difference. I felt this policy was COVID related. It might have changed recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We like to share but on our P&O cruises last year they did not seat you with other passengers unless you were travelling with them. I found this a disadvantage because I like to go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch but my husband prefers the buffet for these meals. When I went into the dining room on my own, I was seated at a table on my own. I used to joke that I felt I was in the naughty corner, or "I should have brought as book". It made no difference. I felt this policy was COVID related. It might have changed recently.

That is a shame, it is nice on Princess how you can share tables and it is mostly with different people.  

A couple of comments:

On Encounter the buffet times were 6,30am-10am; 11,30am-3pm[sandwiches & desserts until 4pm]; dinner 5,30pm-9pm [actually one side seemed to close a little later than that]. If the ship is full, the buffet can get very crowded at peak times. 

If you nominate "early" or "late" on your online dining selection you will receive the pre-booked times for the three restaurants [ I presume "early" is around 5.30, but "late" for us was 7.45 ]. Each menu A B C lasts for three consecutive days then changes. Changing your restaurant is simple and can be done on the day until 4pm. 

Dragon lady used to be dark and underlit, but now has been completely reorganised, and is quite adequately lit. 

Note that there are some pay items on the menus [the ones with the numbers next to the item, referring to dollars].

Read the menu descriptions carefully, as some items are inadequate and very ordinary, particularly in the Waterfront, however if you like Asian food, Dragon Lady will please. 

• Like 1