Excursion for the whole family of 11

surgie

We will be on a RCCL cruise July 12-19, 2024. 6 adults and 5 children who will be ages 5-11 at the time of the cruise. Each family is researching what they would like to do at each port. (Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Sitka and Skagway).

I am hoping to find at least excursion we can all do together. No one is interested in flight seeing. I thought about whale watching in Juneau through Harv and Marv as we can get a private boat, but sea sickness is an issue for some so not sure on that. 

Any suggestions for a tour that would especially be fun in general for fairly adventurous and wildlife loving kids, such as the White Pass Railway? Or?

And finally, is there a port that lends itself to not doing an excursion but staying in the town? In 2015 my husband and I rented an SUV for the day in Skagway which was fun but probably wouldn't be as fun with kids. 

Thanks for advice. 

There is a railroad/bus tour that also includes the rope bridge. The kids might enjoy the rope bridge.

How adventurous are you? There could be a cold water snorkeling trip. I really wanted to do it (we are going to Sitka, and they have, but maybe other ports do too?) but can't sell my family on it yet LOL.

• Like 1

Just now, Hllb said:

There is a railroad/bus tour that also includes the rope bridge. The kids might enjoy the rope bridge.

How adventurous are you? There could be a cold water snorkeling trip. I really wanted to do it (we are going to Sitka, and they have, but maybe other ports do too?) but can't sell my family on it yet LOL.

I REALLY wanna do that in Ketchikan, but no one wants to go 🙂 Well, last year my friend didn't, and no one this year seems like they would say yes if I asked...and I actually have a good plan for Ketchikan now 🙂 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

I REALLY wanna do that in Ketchikan, but no one wants to go 🙂 Well, last year my friend didn't, and no one this year seems like they would say yes if I asked...and I actually have a good plan for Ketchikan now 🙂 

I'm seriously considering booking the snorkeling by myself and meeting up w my family later. They probably wouldn't mind...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hllb said:

Not adventurous enough for cold water snorkeling lol!

• Haha 1

In case you want another option in Skagway -we did this excursion a few years ago:  

https://alaskashoretours.com/excursions/skagway/chilkoot-trail-hike-float/

It was a lot of fun.  During the hike portion you walk on the beginning of the trail that all the gold rush participants took.  You can just imaging them carrying heavy loads through the woods.  The guide talked about the gold rush during the hike.  We saw bald eagles during the raft float down the river.

• Like 1