Cabana Beach?

*love2travel*

1 hour ago, *love2travel* said:

Has anyone done this recently? We have a cabana reserved for April 11th and I'm curious about safety with all the recent news. I realize Cozumel is miles away from the latest, but it is at a level 2. Thank you for any insight.

We have one reserved in July.  Please come back and share.  Cozumel is pretty safe as it's away from the mainland.  

• Like 1

We were there in April 2022. Felt very safe. Pricing was quite a bit different from what it is now, but we had no concerns whatsoever. I don't think many of the warnings apply to Western Caribbean cruise ports.

We did have a taxi driver try to convince us to go a beach club that we didn't want to go to, but it just felt underhanded, not dangerous. He never actually tried to drive us somewhere we didn't want to go - just lied to us about one club in order to (I assume) try get a kickback from the other place.

we were there last week 3/10.  no concerns at all.  Taxi did drop us off at the front of chankanaab and there was another car blocking the cabana counter.  Instructions have you going right behind the cabanas so that was our only surprise.  Apparently they closed entrance that way, but they will arrange for a taxi to meet you there to leave.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 2:31 PM, jmac99 said:

we were there last week 3/10.  no concerns at all.  Taxi did drop us off at the front of chankanaab and there was another car blocking the cabana counter.  Instructions have you going right behind the cabanas so that was our only surprise.  Apparently they closed entrance that way, but they will arrange for a taxi to meet you there to leave.

Did you wander over to the rest of the park during your day or only stay at Cabana Beach?  I was hoping to easily go back and forth.

Very easy to go back and forth. Just a gate with a little rope on it. It is a little walk to the “stuff” vs the chairs/bars/dive shops but not bad at all. We enjoyed the sea lion show 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

Did you wander over to the rest of the park during your day or only stay at Cabana Beach?  I was hoping to easily go back and forth.

Easy enough to go back and forth but quite a walk and cabanas are creeping back to pre-Covid prices.

Any feedback on the Dolphin experience there? We have a cabana reservation upcoming, but can't figure if we *have* to reserve in advance, or if it's possible to do it onsite. 

Also, do the cabanas offer any wine/champagne or is it all mixed drinks and beer?

6 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Easy enough to go back and forth but quite a walk

We thought so too, especially when it is really hot out. The higher number cabanas are closer to the park - we were in Cabana 2, really far away (it is bigger than it appears on the map), and were hot and tired before we even got to the park!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 3:43 PM, c-leg5 said:

Easy enough to go back and forth but quite a walk and cabanas are creeping back to pre-Covid prices.

Since I don't know what the pre-Covid prices were, all I can look at are the current prices, and I don't think it's horrible for a family of six adults.  If I did the math correctly, the Cabana Beach rental plus required Chankanaab entrance fee averages out to $32 per adult.  If I only pay the park entrance fee through their website, it's $26 per adult.   Seems too good to be true to only pay $6 more per person to have a place to relax on Cabana Beach.  I only wish it was a walk-in beach not step down.

On 4/3/2023 at 11:04 AM, MississippiMom said:

Since I don't know what the pre-Covid prices were, all I can look at are the current prices, and I don't think it's horrible for a family of six adults.  If I did the math correctly, the Cabana Beach rental plus required Chankanaab entrance fee averages out to $32 per adult.  If I only pay the park entrance fee through their website, it's $26 per adult.   Seems too good to be true to only pay $6 more per person to have a place to relax on Cabana Beach.  I only wish it was a walk-in beach not step down.

I agree pricing for 6 adults isn’t too bad, although looks a little crowded for that number. I don’t know if they have extra loungers available. 

We are generally just two people and the differential from entrance fee is much greater. Also if children are included it is a long way back and forth to activities and the value of cabana is reduced. It is easier for us with kids to have a palapa on the man-made beach and use the sandy cove area for direct access to the water.

I agree for a group of adults looking to relax it could work. I think you may have to use their dining and bar services within the cabana area.