Snorkeling in Nassau - 2 reef snorkel by boat excursion --- my video!

ABQrobin

We loved this excursion!  Tons of fish and SQUID.  Both reefs are shallow, 10-20' deep max so easy to see stuff from surface but hubby was free diving down to get close ups of everything with the GoPro10.  Check it out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:18 PM, ABQrobin said:

We loved this excursion!  Tons of fish and SQUID.  Both reefs are shallow, 10-20' deep max so easy to see stuff from surface but hubby was free diving down to get close ups of everything with the GoPro10.  Check it out.

We have an excursion booked with them in October.  Quick question.  Noticed the snorkeling vests.  Are they mandatory?  I didn't see the guide wearing one.  If so, we will probably switch our excursion. 

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

We have an excursion booked with them in October.  Quick question.  Noticed the snorkeling vests.  Are they mandatory?  I didn't see the guide wearing one.  If so, we will probably switch our excursion. 

Yes, the snorkel vests are mandatory to wear but as you see my hubby does not inflate his at all.  It is a safety requirement (insurance reasons) for all the snorkel boats so good luck finding an excursion that doesn't require them.  

17 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

Yes, the snorkel vests are mandatory to wear but as you see my hubby does not inflate his at all.  It is a safety requirement (insurance reasons) for all the snorkel boats so good luck finding an excursion that doesn't require them.  

Yep I'm discovering it.  We have found a couple who don't care but not many.  We had to wear them in Tortola and the guides wouldn't let us in unless inflated.  Yet the guides don't wear them.  We are tired of arguing so we just check pre trip or book private excursions which seems to work.  My husband free dives and gets really annoyed at this.  Thanks for the feedback.  We are going with plan B for Nassau.

5 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Yep I'm discovering it.  We have found a couple who don't care but not many.  We had to wear them in Tortola and the guides wouldn't let us in unless inflated.  Yet the guides don't wear them.  We are tired of arguing so we just check pre trip or book private excursions which seems to work.  My husband free dives and gets really annoyed at this.  Thanks for the feedback.  We are going with plan B for Nassau.

As you ca see in our video, my hubby is freediving most of the time, and the uninflated vest does not interfere.  

1 hour ago, ABQrobin said:

As you ca see in our video, my hubby is freediving most of the time, and the uninflated vest does not interfere.  

Your husband is probably more flexible and nicer than mine.  My husband doesn't like rules.  He's a rebel.  😁

Edited by jean87510

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 2:18 PM, ABQrobin said:

Thanks so much for this wonderful video. I felt like I was there.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...