Changing class booked in EZ air.

fawnie

When I cruise, the priority is the cruise versus the air class. I always make sure that I first get the cruise I want, then the excursions, then pre-and post cruise land arrangements based on flight dates.

I can always modify my air by traveling a few days earlier/staying longer.  I also check if I have any airplane points from credit cards/frequent flyer rewards to use for upgrades (or the entire fare!) as well.  

There are also many creative options for air travel, but some may involve more connections or "forced" routings. East coast U.S. travel to Europe is not too overwhelming.  Your flights are a bit long, but you can watch a few movies, eat a few times and sleep, and then you will have arrived!  Get an aisle seat so you can get up a few times and stretch your legs. 

I am not sure where you live in PA, but you could also consider another airport, such as D.C.  That may provide more options.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It looks like you finally realized per the post below that you had no need to cancel and re-book the cruise in order to change the flight option.  It sounds like you were either totally misguided by Princess rep, or they didn't understand exactly what it was you wanted to do.

This is along the lines of what you were advised.  Login to Cruise Personalizer.  Go to the Flights section and you can shop for new flights - including a different fare class.  You will see availability and costs.  On the final page, you either accept the changes or keep what you have.

At such a late date, it is not surprising at all to find the airfare costing a lot more.  You probably could have booked the higher class way back when for same price economy is now.

yes thank you 

6 hours ago, LibertyBella said:

When I cruise, the priority is the cruise versus the air class. I always make sure that I first get the cruise I want, then the excursions, then pre-and post cruise land arrangements based on flight dates.

I can always modify my air by traveling a few days earlier/staying longer.  I also check if I have any airplane points from credit cards/frequent flyer rewards to use for upgrades (or the entire fare!) as well.  

There are also many creative options for air travel, but some may involve more connections or "forced" routings. East coast U.S. travel to Europe is not too overwhelming.  Your flights are a bit long, but you can watch a few movies, eat a few times and sleep, and then you will have arrived!  Get an aisle seat so you can get up a few times and stretch your legs. 

I am not sure where you live in PA, but you could also consider another airport, such as D.C.  That may provide more options.  Have a great cruise!

thank you so much for your kind wishes 

• Like 1

It may be there are no longer Business or First class flight available in Princess' bucket. You can try after being ticketed through the airline. Or if BA allows bidding for upgrades, you can try that. I have successfully upgraded from Premium Economy to Business on AC with a flight purchased with  EZaire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, john1970 said:

With BA ask at check in as they have set amounts that they sell upgrades for. This could be cheaper than Princess calculating the difference from one fare level to another. 

Thank you so much!!

Princess EZ-Air is the best and easiest to navigate of all the cruise lines flight booking options. You don’t need to cancel your cruise or even your current airfare (as long as you haven’t already been ticketed) to review and change your flights including booking class. The problem I see is that you waited too long and you won’t find as low of fares for a cruise leaving at the end of May. We just booked our air for a cruise departing next February. We will continue to look at the fares and change our booking if fares come down. 

Besides, British Airways has some of the worst business class seats around. When we fly BA, we opt for their premium economy cabin, which gives you 38” of pitch at a fraction of the cost of business class. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, shirazcruiser said:

An easy way to find out the cost of a current flight is to do a search and pull up your sailing date, click on "Cruise Details" then "Flight Quotes" so you don't interfere with your current booking.  I check the cost of my flight everyday this way.  

I can't find a column that says cruise details I can only find cruise deals. I'm looking up flights without EZ air see the price difference and EZ air is way more expensive.

On 3/18/2023 at 11:23 AM, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

Besides, British Airways has some of the worst business class seats around. When we fly BA, we opt for their premium economy cabin, which gives you 38” of pitch at a fraction of the cost of business class.

They have been busy upgrading their fleet to new BC seats and configuration.  Much better by all reports.  We were supposed to be on one last Nov flying home from LHR but the dastardly devils changed equipment a couple or so days prior for our flight to the old crappy config.  Was not a happy camper as of course the other flight that day and our flight the days before and after was the new layout.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kimhikes said:

I can't find a column that says cruise details I can only find cruise deals. I'm looking up flights without EZ air see the price difference and EZ air is way more expensive.

Do a mock booking of your exact cruise and click on CRUISE DETAILS, then FLIGHT QUOTES and then your flight dates and airports to see the available EZ AIR options. 

IMG_0241.jpeg

IMG_0242.jpeg

IMG_0243.jpeg

On 3/14/2023 at 5:39 PM, shirazcruiser said:

An easy way to find out the cost of a current flight is to do a search and pull up your sailing date, click on "Cruise Details" then "Flight Quotes" so you don't interfere with your current booking.  I check the cost of my flight everyday this way.  

Just now, Kimhikes said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me. Very appreciated. I had a hard time figuring out how to respond to you and where lol. I hope that you see this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1