Gratuities for Persian Garden Pass

JackAms

We just booked a Persian Garden pass for our 14-day TA this year on Reflection. The price is $ 319.00. To my surprise they've added 18% gratuity, being $ 57.42 per person. This seems very strange to me. I buy entrance to the spa, not a service. The only contact I have with the staff is when they give me the key to open it, which should be included in the entrance fee anyway in my opinion. Also I feel a gratuity should be optional, not mandatory. Besides, I also can't remember having paid gratuity when buying the pass on board. Does anyone have experience  with this?.

It was added when I bought one back in October 2021.  It's been there at least that long.

Someone is taking care of that spa.  It's like how you pay 18% on a drink whether it's a specialty martini made with flair or a beer out of the cooler.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, roberttasch said:

Is the 18% tip applied to the one day in port free visit to the Persian Garden for Elite members?

No gratuities for the visit. They put a sticker on the back of your seapass card to show that you used one free visit. 

all expenditures at the PG or thermal suite areas....salon, spa etc incur the extra gratuity..I stopped buying anything there..it's a huge extra cost.

If you need something like hair gel or  mousse,  the Perfume shop may be better..no grat added!