Sushi rice

shepherd really

1 minute ago, zalusky said:

Not knowing one of the greatest food pleasures!

it may be one of YOUR greatest food pleasures  but not everyone  will have the same opinion 😉

1 minute ago, zalusky said:

Not knowing one of the greatest food pleasures!

Haha, you assume I haven't tried sushi (I have, therefore I can't be accused of not knowing it). I simply don't like the taste. And food taste is very subjective, so saying it's one of the greatest food pleasures is in itself highly subjective. 😉

23 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I read it as your "loss" that you don't enjoy those two things.

Why is it my "loss" that I don't like something? It's not a loss - loss implies that one had something and no longer does. Anyway, if I've visited some obscure town in Italy and you haven't and I say it's your loss, it comes across as kind of snarky. (I don't think that's what was meant here, but in my experience that's often the subtext.) Regardless, it's not as if I haven't TRIED sushi, I have - and it doesn't suit me - it's just a matter of what my taste buds like and don't like - I also hate Scotch and foie gras, both of which I've also tried. Fortunately, there are tons of other things besides sushi in Japanese cuisine that I love:

Ramen

Udon

Soba

Kaarage

Yakitori

Yakiniku

Shabu shabu

Gyoza

Tempura

etc.

I think I'll be fine even without sushi. 🙂

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

Why is it my "loss" that I don't like something? It's not a loss - loss implies that one had something and no longer does. Anyway, if I've visited some obscure town in Italy and you haven't and I say it's your loss, it comes across as kind of snarky. (I don't think that's what was meant here, but in my experience that's often the subtext.) Regardless, it's not as if I haven't TRIED sushi, I have - and it doesn't suit me - it's just a matter of what my taste buds like and don't like - I also hate Scotch and foie gras, both of which I've also tried. Fortunately, there are tons of other things besides sushi in Japanese cuisine that I love:

Ramen

Udon

Soba

Kaarage

Yakitori

Yakiniku

Shabu shabu

Gyoza

Tempura

etc.

I think I'll be fine even without sushi. 🙂

I'm sure you will be too.  That was my interpretation of his post, not my thoughts on it.  

• Like 1