Question for new booking

Lena11033

Sorry this is probably silly but figured I'd ask rather than run into issues later. I signed up for an MSC account with first and last name but when I go to complete my first ever booking with them it says my name needs to match my travel documents, I have two middle names so it's pulling from the account and won't let me edit to put the middle names in.

Has this happened to someone else and does it need the middle names? When I booked with other lines the middle names weren't required - I just don't want to pay for the cruise and run into issues because names don't match.

Initially, there were no problems when booking without my middle name. But you have to leave it out consistently, even in Web Check In, otherwise everything gets mixed up.

Later I had to add my middle name when I wanted to book a cruise with included charter flight. 
My TA told me that there have been visa problems and problems with the points allocation of the Voyager Club with incorrect names.

With this knowledge, I should have written my name correctly from the beginning 😉

5 minutes ago, LiquidWu said:

Initially, there were no problems when booking without my middle name. But you have to leave it out consistently, even in Web Check In, otherwise everything gets mixed up.

Later I had to add my middle name when I wanted to book a cruise with included charter flight. 
My TA told me that there have been visa problems and problems with the points allocation of the Voyager Club with incorrect names.

With this knowledge, I should have written my name correctly from the beginning 😉

lol thanks - yeah if the sign up has said anywhere 'middle name' I would have added it but never asked  😅

Had this issue recent bookings 

They could not match the booking to the account/voyager.

They had to update the account/voyager to match the new name.

Seems they use name and other id data to match a booking to a registered person automatically.

OH got found OK 

• Like 1

My account disappeared about two years ago. When it reappeared, my last name was repeated as my middle name. Msc couldn't fix it. They swear my name is correct on my Voyagers club and they said that's all that matters. Their IT is infamous for being horrible. 

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

My account disappeared about two years ago. When it reappeared, my last name was repeated as my middle name. Msc couldn't fix it. They swear my name is correct on my Voyagers club and they said that's all that matters. Their IT is infamous for being horrible. 

lol it seems like that with a lot of cruise companies IT.

I did email them with all the details and gave them my middle names, went to log in and it's not telling me I'm in the wrong country (I live close to the US border but not that close) but it did this when they created my account so hopefully it's being fixed. I am trying to sort out issues early as my last cruise when flying out to Miami an hour before leaving for the airport my flight was cancelled and had to scramble for a last minute flight out of Detroit.