Travel Insurance

ashkay16

10 hours ago, fshagan said:

Also, it may be cheaper to contact Allianz and see if they can provide a rider with more than $2000 coverage.

Thank you for your kind response. 

Yes, there is an option in Allianz Travel Insurance Trip Cancellation Limit from $ 2,000-- to increase it--either $5,000; $10,000, or $15,000  with corresponding  increase in premium price. We will explore that option too.

We will look into my husband's Supplemental Plan (we did not know that...).

Thank you again!

• Like 1

We travel quite often, never do the insurance.  But considering it this trip (we are getting older after all) (and just heard a horrific story from a friend who's friend passed away on vacation last week), I am considering it.  I just checked out GeoBlue from the comments here and it looks pretty comprehensive, straight forward, and reputable.  For our upcoming cruise, it's less than $45pp, which I can stomach. 

To those posting recently (most of this thread is about a year old), in case you haven't read all of the previous posts...

Please consider calling a travel insurance agent or a broker (who deals with several insurance companies and would therefore have a nice variety of policies to discuss).

TALK with them.  Not only would you get to ask questions, but they can then ask questions of you... to help them decide which policies might be of most use for your specific needs.

We are among those here on CC who recommend

www.TripInsuranceStore.com

They are VERY patient, answer questions (and more questions!), and they do not try to "upsell".

And IF it were necessary, they can help with a claim.

(We had them review our first claim form, "just in case", as we'd never done anything like that before.  After that, we just fill it all out, include receipts/documentation, and send it off.  But it's nice to know there is "back up" IF there were to be a problem.)

It can be *very* difficult to read/understand ALL of the assorted "fine print" of an insurance policy, all of the Terms & Conditions (T&Cs).  It's too late AFTER the fact to find out that something you thought was covered... wasn't...

As I've mentioned elsewhere, we've had quite a few claims, including some large claims, and they were paid without nonsense, and *promptly*.

Our ONLY "complaint", if that word could be used in this context, is that we needed to file any travel insurance claims, and especially that we needed to file several. 😞 

GC

• Like 1