My Time Dining.......but not really?

rg123

6 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

"And it must be so "??  Don't want to burst your bubble , just want you to be prepared .... I'll repost (This is from post 25 on this thread )

"Problem is that it seems early is far and above peoples first preference . If they cannot offer enough early dining slots (which clearly never used to be a concern) , then they need to consider how to fix the issue .To make this much much worse they are also overpromising and confirming way too many people for early than they can accomodate. I did consecutive in the fall (Symphony/Explorer) and Wonder last month , and all 3 I had confirmed Early dining ( 2 of the 3 I had Email confirmations from RCL dining , with table numbers) .All 3 I showed up , headed straight to dining room to check my table only to find out I had none..... 

.... Embarassing the way things are being run at present . Hope they get their act together soon 1 way or another !

Cheers"

....Best of luck !

I wouldn't be too concerned over a single report of a mix up.  Is it possible?  Yes.  Is it worth double checking once on board? Absolutely.  Would it suck if it happened?  Of course.  But I think the odds are against it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I wouldn't be too concerned over a single report of a mix up.  Is it possible?  Yes.  Is it worth double checking once on board? Absolutely.  Would it suck if it happened?  Of course.  But I think the odds are against it. 

I wouldn't suggest you go to Vegas anytime soon .3 for 3 against on my last 3 sailings ...I would not consider those very good odds ... Couple that with the overwhelming response in this thread from people who have sailed recently that the state of RCI's dining structure in general seems to be in disarray...

Or maybe you just think we're all full of it ?

As I said I hope the best for them as I do for myself on my upcomings as well as everyone else.

Eventually RCI has to get it together

Cheers

8 hours ago, rg123 said:

Waah! 😩. Yes, it’s all coming back to me now, LobsterStalker (love your name btw). I do remember reading this earlier. Guess we will hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Even so, I’ll be pretty upset if they gum this up. Will head to the dining room first thing to check out the table situation!

Exactly the right approach !!

I can't remember , when did U say you are sailing ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

I wouldn't suggest you go to Vegas anytime soon .3 for 3 against on my last 3 sailings ...I would not consider those very good odds ... Couple that with the overwhelming response in this thread from people who have sailed recently that the state of RCI's dining structure in general seems to be in disarray...

Or maybe you just think we're all full of it ?

As I said I hope the best for them as I do for myself on my upcomings as well as everyone else.

Eventually RCI has to get it together

Cheers

"Dining structure in disarray" doesn't mean those assigned to early dining are getting bumped.  If you are 3 for 3 with that happening, I'd ask what are you doing different?   

If that happened to me, the first time I'd think it was a "glitch". 

The second time, I'd be raising a stink at GS.

It wouldn't even get to a third time.  I'd be double, triple, and quadruple checking what was going on before even heading to the port.

And no, I don't think anyone is "full of it" (at least as it comes to this topic).  I'm not sure what gave you that idea.  

14 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

"Dining structure in disarray" doesn't mean those assigned to early dining are getting bumped.  If you are 3 for 3 with that happening, I'd ask what are you doing different?   

If that happened to me, the first time I'd think it was a "glitch". 

The second time, I'd be raising a stink at GS.

It wouldn't even get to a third time.  I'd be double, triple, and quadruple checking what was going on before even heading to the port.

And no, I don't think anyone is "full of it" (at least as it comes to this topic).  I'm not sure what gave you that idea.  

Pretty sure I'm not doing anything different , ( other than I assume I'm in the minority that go above and beyond and Email RCI dining ahead of time to get confirmation .... of my confirmation) All I can tell you is from the experiences standing in the long lines at MDR on embarkation day , It's not hard to overhear others around you , and especially the ones at the front as you get closer .Plenty of others with the exact same problem , (some in tears ! .. overkill maybe? ) I was definitely not the exception to the norm . After B2B fails in the fall I was certainly hoping my Feb. sailing on wonder would be better , But based on the experience I would say it was actually worse . 

Hoping they get the bugs out soon , not sailing again til Oct.

Cheers

Cheers

• Like 1

Went on Harmony last October and My Time Dining was a joke

had to go to the desk to see if we could get a set time, they told us to use the app which only showed openings after 9:00. But after a bit of complaining we had a set time at the last couple of  days. But not as convenient as it should be to eat

You guys are making me paranoid. I have a transatlantic cruise on Anthem in October and booked My Time Dining every night at 6:45 except for two nights at Jamie's and Chops. My last RCCL cruise was 2008 (Navigator) and we had no problem with My Time Dining. We ate twice at specialties but were not impressed by the food vs the cost. When we booked/took three HAL cruises I opted out of specialties until our third (12/21) because of our experience on Navigator. Went back four times on Rotterdam to four different specialties and was really impressed. Worth the expense. Going to try again on Anthem with 2 specialty dining nights.

32 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

You guys are making me paranoid. I have a transatlantic cruise on Anthem in October and booked My Time Dining every night at 6:45 except for two nights at Jamie's and Chops. My last RCCL cruise was 2008 (Navigator) and we had no problem with My Time Dining. We ate twice at specialties but were not impressed by the food vs the cost. When we booked/took three HAL cruises I opted out of specialties until our third (12/21) because of our experience on Navigator. Went back four times on Rotterdam to four different specialties and was really impressed. Worth the expense. Going to try again on Anthem with 2 specialty dining nights.

Anthem has two decks for dining, one for MT and one for traditional. Two restaurants on each deck.  Far fewer complaints with that set up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LobsterStalker said:

Nice , me too !

I would suggest that you follow up 2-3 weeks out with an Email to RCI dining . Still hasn't guaranteed my result , but the more angles you cover the better I would think !

Cheers 

Gl

How wonderful!  Should be a great cruise. (If only things would calm down in Israel)
And thank you for the suggestion. Hope all goes swimmingly for you as you go forward!

Rita

23 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Anthem has two decks for dining, one for MT and one for traditional. Two restaurants on each deck.  Far fewer complaints with that set up. 

Hello, taglovetocruise,

I like your tag name. We, too, love to cruise. I thought I had read that Anthem had four MDRs with two for My Time Dining but whenever I mention that it goes by without comment. Thank you for responding.

Jim

We were on a cruise where we were given 7:45 MTD seating.  That was the only time available for the entire 7 nights.

On another cruise pre-covid, we were waitlisted for both early and late seating.  How is that possible?  Isn't every passenger assured one dining time?  Guess not. There was no way my DH and I wanted to be relegated to WJ every night. MTD was way too late for us. We finally got affirmation months later from our TA for early seating.

On our Oasis cruise last month, we had early dining and were done eating on deck 4 at approx. 6:45.  If MTD is only on deck 3, what happens to the empty tables on decks 4 and 5, waiting for late seating at 8 or 8:30?  

BTW, kudos to all who posted in here.  I think this is the first multiple page thread that stayed on topic from first to last page so far.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2