Power sockets on Enchanted

Twogaterz

I saw a post that suggested there were two US power sockets and one English (220v) on Enchanted. I don’t recall having issues with my hairdryer and styler brush when Ii was on Royal Princess but it was  5 years ago. Please can anyone confjrm if there is a standard English 3 pin socket on this ship? Thanks!

Not "English".  They are "European style" which is different from what Great Britain uses.  European style have 2 round prongs while GB has 3 bladed prongs, very similar to US style 220 volt (but not the same).

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 10:48 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not "English".  They are "European style" which is different from what Great Britain uses.  European style have 2 round prongs while GB has 3 bladed prongs, very similar to US style 220 volt (but not the same).

On the current TA in a mini-suite. Can confirm there are two, 3 prong US style plugs at the desk area. My wife thought the power of the hair dryer provided by Princess was bad so she requested and received a more powerful hair dryer that uses the 3 prong plug. 

Also as stated, each lamp by the bedside has a USB plug built in.

On 3/23/2023 at 10:36 AM, fawnie said:

Do I remember that there is one "english" type behind the bed for a C-Pap?

There is not an American 3 prong electrical outlet near the bed. For my Cpap machine, they provided an extension code which went across the room from the nightstand to the outlet at the desk.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, flannbarr said:

There is not an American 3 prong electrical outlet near the bed. For my Cpap machine, they provided an extension code which went across the room from the nightstand to the outlet at the desk.

For my CPAP I just pull the bed out and access the European style 2 prong outlet located there.  I carry an adapter which lets me plug in the lamp which is normally plugged in at that location and it gives me a US-style outlet for my CPAP.

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

If you use the extension cord you can run it down the side of the bed and out of the way and leave it there.  I used the plastic bath mat to cover the chord between the end of the bed and the desk so as to not trip on it.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 4:47 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

For my CPAP I just pull the bed out and access the European style 2 prong outlet located there.  I carry an adapter which lets me plug in the lamp which is normally plugged in at that location and it gives me a US-style outlet for my CPAP.

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

On 3/26/2023 at 4:47 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

Do you know if the Enchanted has these plugs under the beds in a suite??

5 hours ago, Clampram said:

Do you know if the Enchanted has these plugs under the beds in a suite??

I have never been on the Enchanted, but it is of the same class/design as all the other Royal class ships.  Perhaps others can chime in to confirm...

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Forgot to mention, there are no switches on those 2 outlets that needed to be used.

And for the outlet on the right side of the desk in which the switch needs to be used, I plugged in another type of adapter, it didn’t block the switch. 

IMG_1331.jpeg

IMG_0811.jpeg

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 1:47 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

Ship Power Adapter.jpg

Hi Rick, so even though this fits a 220v outlet, you can still plug your 110v CPAP machine into it? Thanks, Tim

1 hour ago, tribalco said:

Hi Rick, so even though this fits a 220v outlet, you can still plug your 110v CPAP machine into it? Thanks, Tim

Yes.  The adapter simply "converts" the socket style so that you can have access to a US-style socket as well as be able to plug in whatever it was that was plugged in...probably a lamp.

NOTE: You need to confirm that your CPAP (or whatever) is "dual-voltage" capable.  Almost everything sold these days can operate on 220 volts as well as 110.  EXCEPT HAIR DRYERS!  Your power brick will have its voltage requirements printed or embossed on it somewhere.  I have used this adapter for several years now. 

The very first time that I took a CPAP on a cruise the steward gave me an extension cord about 25 feet long and looked as if it could carry 50 amps!  Very unwieldy not to mention we were always tripping over it because the "ship method" to use it is to run it across the floor to the desk.  When I asked about how to deal with this trip hazard...he rather meekly suggested that we unplug it every day and plug it back in at night.  He knew that was a poor answer...but it was the "official" answer.  NOPE!  That's when I discovered that almost EVERY ship (regardless of cruise line) has this "hidden" European plug behind a bed.

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes.  The adapter simply "converts" the socket style so that you can have access to a US-style socket as well as be able to plug in whatever it was that was plugged in...probably a lamp.

NOTE: You need to confirm that your CPAP (or whatever) is "dual-voltage" capable.  Almost everything sold these days can operate on 220 volts as well as 110.  EXCEPT HAIR DRYERS!  Your power brick will have its voltage requirements printed or embossed on it somewhere.  I have used this adapter for several years now. 

The very first time that I took a CPAP on a cruise the steward gave me an extension cord about 25 feet long and looked as if it could carry 50 amps!  Very unwieldy not to mention we were always tripping over it because the "ship method" to use it is to run it across the floor to the desk.  When I asked about how to deal with this trip hazard...he rather meekly suggested that we unplug it every day and plug it back in at night.  He knew that was a poor answer...but it was the "official" answer.  NOPE!  That's when I discovered that almost EVERY ship (regardless of cruise line) has this "hidden" European plug behind a bed.

Great, thanks so much.  I remember a long time ago on a Carnival cruise the steward brought an extension cord with the European style plug that plugged into a receptacle behind the beds.  I looked at my CPAP power supply and it has 100-240v on the label so I should be good to go. Otherwise, I was going to bring magnetic hooks and string the extension cord up along the ceiling. 

1 hour ago, tribalco said:

I was going to bring magnetic hooks and string the extension cord up along the ceiling. 

Well, at least using that method you don't have to worry about a trip hazard!  Just try not to hang yourself! 😄

• Haha 1