Trouble Booking Shore Excursions

2inTul

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It really shouldn't be this hard to communicate with HAL's website, especially trying to give them money!

That's exactly what I said when I finally got my transaction to complete.  I finally downloaded the Firefox browser and it worked just fine.  They (HAL) really need to fix their website problems.  65% of the world uses Chrome as their browser.  That's a lot of revenue they may be missing or at least delayed in receiving. 

• Like 1

My experience has been that HAL's IT department is not as good as other cruise lines web pages.  It takes forever for their servers to respond just to perform basic functions.  Sometimes it just times out and you have to resubmit your request.  Over the years, I would get so frustrated that I'd end up looking at Princess (who also doesn't have great IT, but it's a world better than HAL.)  Carnival Corporation needs to up their game with IT.

On 3/20/2023 at 10:25 AM, 2inTul said:

Is there a trick to booking shore excursions or is the website having issues?  When I go to "Complete Transaction" it will not allow me to enter any credit card information. The credit card field is gray and noting can be entered.  I thought I'd ask here before I call just to see if there is something special I need to do.  Wiggle my nose, snap my fingers or click my heels three times!

I had the same experience booking a dining reservation.  Tried again the next day and it worked fine.