Give Yourself Extra Time to Get to Port Miami This Weekend

stobe1

If you are sailing out of Miami this weekend, make sure to give yourself extra time to get to the port due to road closures downtown for the Ultra Music Festival.

We received this notice from Carnival today.Screenshot_20230320_113405_Gmail.thumb.jpg.3f14e798e2161d94278fc80befb8d3e0.jpgoday

23 hours ago, carlmm said:

Question for those in the know: How to get from South Beach, Art Deco area to the port in this situation? How long?

We don't cruise out of Miami often. We prefer Tampa, Port Canaveral and New Orleans. But, in theory, it's only about a 15 or so minute cab/Uber ride depending on your location from South Beach to the port. But with this festival closing down much of downtown I would say give yourself an extra hour minimum. Maybe 2 hours. 

We typically are late boarders onto cruise ships so we miss the inital morning crowd rush. But this weekend, we will just suck it up and leave early so we know we get to the port at a reasonable time.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the answers.

The final outcome: Quite well, I planned for some delay.

My driver was confused and did not find the way directly. We also got stuck in a traffic jam.  Thus it took like 40 minutes or so.

All good.

• Like 1

I'm sorry I just saw this thread.  This is festival time / Spring Break / Crazy Week in Miami and Miami Beach, so road closures, etc are frequent for crowds.

Forty minutes from mid-Beach to the cruise port is pretty good time with delays. Even in the best of circumstances it will take 25 minutes.