Which drinks and wines are included with Mega Rockstar Suites?

HBCcruiser

We booked a Mega Rockstar suite with the $600 bar tab included. The suite description says that the suite includes a fully stocked bar and a "Daily Bar Tab". Does anyone know which drinks/wines are included with the daily bar tab? Thanks in advance. 

1 minute ago, jon81uk said:

Anything under $25 per drink and two bottles a day under $90.

https://help.virginvoyages.com/helpportal/s/searchresult?userInput=What's included in the Mega RockStar daily bar tab#reload

the mini bar will be half bottles of

spirits, wine, champagne and cans of beer.

Thanks! With that in mind, are we able to share our Bar Tab with friends sailing on the cruise? I can't imagine that we will use up the $600 if our drinks and wines are pretty much included. Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Thanks! With that in mind, are we able to share our Bar Tab with friends sailing on the cruise? I can't imagine that we will use up the $600 if our drinks and wines are pretty much included. Thoughts? 

Yes bar tabs are flexible. Whether you're buying a drink for yourself or someone else it doesn't matter.

image.thumb.png.55290358fd61bb423da86dc20db7b8a2.png

Edited by karmamule
  • Like 1

you can also unofficially "buy" your friends rounds - safest way to do that is just get 2 drinks at a time, and they'll be waived off your bill.

i'd personally use the bar tab to buy super premium stuff that i'd never get myself - fancy tequila/scotches, louis xiii, wines, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

Sorry another question - what about the $25-$35 wine/drink pairings, Grog walk - are those things included too? 

pairings yes, grog walk no.  rule of thumb is if you're "paying" at point of service in a restaurant or bar, it's bar tab/mega rockstar included, but if it's a ticketed event like grog walk/paint and sip, no.

test kitchen gave us an issue at first when we tried to do the pairings as megas, so we pointed out the idiocy of that by ordering a full sized drink with every course to pair with our meal.  the server then said that we could do the pairing included haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, karmamule said:

Another nice thing about the in-room bar for mega rockstars is they will get in touch with you a few weeks before the cruise and ask if you want to customize it with specific liquors or brands. 

that must be new - i sailed as mega twice last summer, and we had no communication ahead of time besides the transportation logistics.  we met with our roadie in our suite when we boarded and went through our preferences.  bar setup was adjusted by the time we got back from dinner on night 1.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

grog walk no.  rule of thumb is if you're "paying" at point of service in a restaurant or bar, it's bar tab/mega rockstar included, but if it's a ticketed event like grog walk/paint and sip, no.

Great info, thank you! Do they charge the Grog walk and walk/paint sip to the Bar Tab or to Loot? Any other Mega Rockstar tips you can provide are MUCH appreciated. This is our first time on Virgin. We usually sail RCCL (RCI) and NCL Haven.

If you book and pay through the app onboard it goes to loot. If you pay in the restaurant or bar it goes to bar tab. 

I imagine Richards Rooftop will be much more of a retreat now that the ships seem to be filling up a little more. I heard that you can also order snacks from Sun Club from the Rooftop which sounds very convenient, but we have not done the regular or mega rock star thing yet!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Great info, thank you! Do they charge the Grog walk and walk/paint sip to the Bar Tab or to Loot? Any other Mega Rockstar tips you can provide are MUCH appreciated. This is our first time on Virgin. We usually sail RCCL (RCI) and NCL Haven.

Grog walk and similar are classed as box office so can’t come from bar tab.

• Like 2

It’s going to be a challenge to spend that $600, we had $300 to spend and barely made it through. Think bottles of champagne/wine, ask if they can do a private whiskey or tequila tasting. Make absolutely sure you speak to your agent about clearing any charges that are on your account, the last night. Even though we had a $200 left on the bar tab, we got charged $81 on the final bill. Shore side worked everything out after a week or two.

Make sure you tell your agent who they should be making arrangements or contacting. Let them know of any special occasions you are celebrating, don’t rely on shore services to convey that message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1