Brilliance of the Seas Seaview Cafe

Going on Brilliance of the Seas in Apr. Are there extra charges for the Seaview Cafe? I have read that it is a great place for snacks, salads, fruits...light fare. Thank you. GO BIG BLUE

We are going April 7th, when are you going?

At this post there is not a charge...but then there was not a charge for Johnny Rockets when they first opened...I don't mind paying the extra for the speciallity dinning...but the dinners and cafes....no me...I can eat at a dinner any old time...the food on the rest of the ship is just as good...I don't get why people would pay for Johnny Rockets...but then again there are a lot of things I don't get!

April 7, also.:)

Tinky there are 7 of us al together, MIL, FIL, Husband, me, 15 yr old daughter and 18 amd 20 yr old BIL. Who will you be traveling with and did you sign up for the meet and mingle?

Teach, just DH and myself. Our 4th cruise and FIRST alone. I am new to the Boards..I love to read, rarely post anything. I am not familiar w/the Meet & Mingle but am going to check it out. Do you suggest it? So nice to hear from you! Tiny KY Gal

Teach, just DH and myself. Our 4th cruise and FIRST alone. I am new to the Boards..I love to read, rarely post anything. I am not familiar w/the Meet & Mingle but am going to check it out. Do you suggest it? So nice to hear from you! Tiny KY Gal

It is nice. I have gone once on the Granduer and sleep through the one on the Adventure. It is everyone here who you have been talking to and get to meet face to face. Where are you guys from?

Teach 01 - I have registered for Meet and Mingle - we are from the mountains of KY. Now that we have registered...what happens? Based on the ages of the young adults you mentioned...we are probably close to your DIL and MIL. :)

Teach 01 - I have registered for Meet and Mingle - we are from the mountains of KY. Now that we have registered...what happens? Based on the ages of the young adults you mentioned...we are probably close to your DIL and MIL. :)

You will receive an invitation in your stateroom telling you when and where to show up. If you go to the meet and mingle page for the Billance there is a thread for the 4-7 sailing you can meet others there. My DH and I are in our mid 30s and my in-laws are in their mid 50s.

and our M&M will have a gift exchange. You purchase something from your city, state & give it away. You get a ticket to exchange for a fit. This is great to do as it spices up the get together. Some I've been to folks just sat & waited for folks to walk up to them, like they were royalty. Last one we got the invite the night of the party, but that was Celebrity Summit not RCCL.

I have to admit that RCCL has loads more for Diamond & higher than Celebrity gives their Elite members. Not too much free, not even cappucino! So our money is back with RCCL, as I tell folks they may sell them to Carnival.

RevSmith........ Another thing you don't seem to get is that one post with your complaints about JR charges is enough. You seem to be on a crusade! Jr charges have been discussed ad-nauseum......beating a dead horse!

I have to admit that RCCL has loads more for Diamond & higher than Celebrity gives their Elite members. Not too much free, not even cappucino! So our money is back with RCCL, as I tell folks they may sell them to Carnival.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the mention of Carnival? As far as the perks of Diamond vs Elite, you haven't had any experience of Diamond yet so I'm not sure you can speak with any authority. For me I really can't be bothered with the small stuff. I was on a Captains Club Reunion Cruise with Celebrity and I can honestly say that the "extras" did nothing for me.

All I know from numerous postings on these boards is that you had a bad experience on Summit (having sung the praises of Celebrity long and loud). I hope you have a great cruise on RCCL, but I realise from your previous postings just how fickle life can be.

Phil

Archived