Thank you to all our Military Heros

finoky

As we gather this weekend with friends and family take time to remember our heros in the military. Some give the ultimate sacrifice in the name of our country and to protect our freedoms. I am sure many of you here have served in the military or know someone that has. We owe them greatly. Thanks to all that have served, do serve, and will serve our nations defense.

carnival.jpg

Tony

2004 Legend March 28th

2003 Paradise

2002 Paradise

2000 Destiny

1999 Fascination

1998 Fantasy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carnivalcruisejunkie:

As we gather this weekend with friends and family take time to remember our heros in the military. Some give the ultimate sacrifice in the name of our country and to protect our freedoms. I am sure many of you here have served in the military or know someone that has. We owe them greatly. Thanks to all that have served, do serve, and will serve our nations defense.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said... icon_smile.gif

kntreelight_e0.gif

Tony, Thank you for your thoughtfulness. My husband (also named Tony) will receive a couple of his VietNam medals (long overdue) on Monday, and I have showed him your post. How nice of you.

sea-cruise

"Nothing should be more highly prized than the value of each day".... celebrating cruise #30 soon

Ditto, icon_biggrin.gif

Vision of the Seas 11/04

Carnival Spirit 10/03

Ecstasy 12/02

Ecstasy 05/02

Statendam 12/01

Norwegian Wind 12/00

Viking Serenade 09/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 12/99

Holiday 01/98

Nordic Prince 10/94

Viking Serenade 09/93

Song of America 10/92

As a vet; there are no heroes, just those that are faced with extraordinary challenges and rise to the occaision at great risk to themselves for the protection or betterment of others. It does set them apart from the crowd.

We have so many heros to celebrate this year. The one close to my family's heart has just returned from his tour overseas. He was discharged because he was in the middle of an adoption and they could remove his son because both parents were not at home. They are truly blessed this year as dad made it home safe and they have a new member of the family who is very proud of his dad.

Bless all the people who protect us and allow us to live "normal" lives at home while they give up so much.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

hdawson, I respectfully disagree. It doesn't surprise me that a humble vet shirks the moniker of “heroâ€, but if anyone deserves it, it’s a veteran. Anyone who puts on a uniform as a member of our country's armed forces is a hero in my book, especially those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. I can never do enough to repay that debt, but I can say thank you.

Yes, I agree with you 100%. I am from Canada and my Dad(deceased now for 10 years) was in WW2. I think Remembrance Day(I know that the USA calls it something else) is getting forgotten. I had quite a few uncles who fought etc. in the War. I and my 2 daughters and husband observe the Nov.11 Day by going to the Cenotaph etc. even if the weather is horrible here-it is the least we can do to honour the memory of those who died and also were lucky enough to return. (I am a member of the Royal Cdn. Legion.) In Canada which is very multicultural, a lot of people do not understand the sacrifices of the Veterans to make Canada(or USA) the country everyone wants to come to. If it was not for them, we would not be here planning our lovely cruise vacations. Thank-you to the Veterans!!!

Valor Jan.23/05(W.Caribb.)-we are all going and are very excited!!!!!!!!!!!

SeaPrincess Jan./01(W.Caribb)

While I praise the military heros...there are many at home...police, firefighters, etc...They ALL keep us safe every day...

My son is a City Firefighter...his buddies are in Iraq...does that make him less of a hero? I think we all should be proud...of how these kids { to me} stepped up to the plate..no matter HOW they serve.... I am proud of my son, and of his friends...I pray they stay SAFE wherever they SERVE.

READY for the next cruise !!!

Victory 5/2004

Celebration 7/89

Triumph 6/2001

Victory 5/2002

Triumph 5/2003

Celebration 2/2004'Noro'SURVIVOR

"Freedom isn't really free.... our military picked up the tab"....

Julia

usflag_e0.gif

Rhapsody of the Sea 4/01

Radiance of the Sea 10/01

Star Princess 4/02

Carnival Spirit 4/03

Carnival Spirit 10/03

My oldest son is in the Illinois Air National Guard. His unit, an air refueling wing, was activated shortly after September 11, 2001. He stayed on active duty for 2 years, serving the last 6 months in the MidEast. The unit was put back on regular National Guard status September, 2003, but he was just informed 2 days ago that they are going active again in September of this year and will be going to the MidEast again for at least 6 months.

May all of this end soon so mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, friends and relatives won't have to spend many hours worried about their loved ones fighting a war in another part of the world in another culture that Westerners cannot even begin to understand.

God bless all of our men and women in uniform - Army, Air Force, Marine, Navy and Coast Guard.

David

Panama Canal

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thank you so much for the paryers. My lil brother was in for 9 years and left. He was out for 5 years and built a successful restaurant. When Iraq started he said he had to go back and left everything behind.

His convoy was hit by missiles outside of Bhagdad 5 weeks ago. He was not expected to make it through the night....

He arrived home last night for convalescent leave!!!!!!! He is a true hero to me and this great country!!

They need our prayers and our support!

Thanks Again!

John

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

My baby and Me to New York!

Jubilee May 1994

Inspiration May 1996

RCCL Cruise May 1997

Holiday Feb 1999

Elation May 1999

Victory Feb 2001

Triumph Feb 2002

Elation Feb 2003

Miracle Jul 2004

Wow, John. You are right. He IS a true hero. When you see him give him an extra hug, and tell him it's from a whole lot of folks he'll probably never meet, but who are absoluetly indebted to him all the same.

Thank you, John's 'lil brother'

Drive-a-thon for Roatan details here!

Sovereign 01/02, 11/02, 6/03, 08/03, 09/03

Fantasy 06/2002

Mariner 12/03 , Radiance 04/04

Just got an email from my sister's fiance in Iraq today...a 20 year old putting his life on the line for this country!!! Love you and miss you J.T.!!!

HM on Inspiration 3/9/03

Sovereign of the Seas 8/17/03 (Just Mom and I)

Imagination 6/17/04 (w/ the Inlaws!)

Thanks for the great post! Thankfully my Marine came home safe. Our small town of Maynard lost a great hero a few days ago he was killed in Afghanistan. Brian was a Navy SEAL and from a loving family of 8 children, 7 boys and 1 girl. It so hits home when its someone you know. Again thanks for the post~

Kristen

Triumph 10/01

Pride 11/02

Glory 10/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;16;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until I marry my Marine

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our "Glory-ous" Honeymoon

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Archived