How early can we disembark Discovery Princess?

Bridalgownz

What is the earliest we can disembark the Discovery Princess in Long Beach on April 8th? 

Our flight will get us home too late to pick up our dogs and they'll have to stay until Monday.  

I'm not concerned about the extra boarding costs, just worried about my rescue dog who

was abandoned and spent months in a cage. I've been on about 35 cruises, but can't remember how 

early you could disembark if you carry your suitcases off the ship. 

Thanks, everyone.  

• Like 1

I was on the discovery last October out of San Pedro if I remember correctly we were cleared to depart about 7:30 am walked off and got an uber was at lax in less than 45 minutes. But  if your in a rush find out what deck is departing from I think it was 6 mid ship and get there early to line up there was already a long line when I got there.  I had an 11 am flight and got there in plenty of time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bridalgownz said:

What is the earliest we can disembark the Discovery Princess in Long Beach on April 8th? 

Our flight will get us home too late to pick up our dogs and they'll have to stay until Monday.  

I'm not concerned about the extra boarding costs, just worried about my rescue dog who

was abandoned and spent months in a cage. I've been on about 35 cruises, but can't remember how 

early you could disembark if you carry your suitcases off the ship. 

Thanks, everyone.  

Um ... I see that you listed yourself as being in Vegas.  Have you considered renting a car and just driving home?  I'm guessing that you'll get home well before waiting for a flight.  I'm sure your furry family member will be more appreciative of it as well.

We disembarked Saturday 18 March 2023. First independent group was to meet in Skagway at 7:15 AM. We went down at 7:00 and they were already leaving. About a 5 minute walk to Customs, which was Face ID (no passport) and another few minutes to the Uber pickup point who was there in two minutes from the time I confirmed. 7:18. YMMD

Edited by billco