Fusina (Venice) Cruise Port - Transportation to Venice Proper

Kamfish642

We are an upcoming Seabourn cruise with a port call in Venice.  However, it is my understanding looking at other posts that the ship will dock in the commercial port of Fusina, on the mainland across the lagoon from Venice.  We have been to Venice, and Italy in general, several times so we are not interested in any of the Seabourn tours listed.  I was not able to get any answer via the Seabourn chat feature on whether Seabourn will provide complementary transportation to/from Fusina to Venice proper.  

We have a cruise scheduled this May from Fusina for Venice. We have been informed that we will need to take Seabourn transportation. I believe it is a bus. We are to meet at the old cruise terminal if coming from Venice. I am not sure about if directly boarding from the airport as we will be staying in Venice several nights prior. Fusina is not open to independent travel. At least, that is what information we have been provided. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 6:49 AM, Sir PMP said:

No, just take bus (water) #16, 25 minutes across to Venice.

It's my understanding that cruise passengers aren't allowed to wander through the Fusina docks for safety/security reasons.  Even if they could, it would be about a 1.5 mile walk, along roads with mostly no shoulder or sidewalk, around to the dock for the #16 water bus.  Look more closely at a satellite map view of the area...

9 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

It's my understanding that cruise passengers aren't allowed to wander through the Fusina docks for safety/security reasons.  Even if they could, it would be about a 1.5 mile walk, along roads with mostly no shoulder or sidewalk, around to the dock for the #16 water bus.  Look more closely at a satellite map view of the area...

They are not. No independent entry to or. From the ship. You are required to use transportation provided by cruise lines. Regardless of which cruise line is using Marghera or Fusina. 

• Thanks 1