R Ships Solo Staterooms

Bufrenee

Hi!  I very recently returned from a 20 day cruise  round trip from Miami on the Sirena, my first Oceania experience.  I was in cabin 6047 a so-called single ocean view cabin.  Recently refurbished.  As many of these cabins are, the view out the window was fully obstructed by a very friendly lifeboat.  We would have the best conversations!! The cabin is just fine with plenty of storage space, a very comfortable bed and large TV.   The bath is small as everyone knows with a compact shower stall accented by a movable shower head.   I'm 6'2 and 200 pounds and I found it to be just about okay. (It's actually a bit bigger than those on Cunard Line's Queen Victoria. Which also has a horrible, fixed shower head and NO glass door).    Good having the swinging glass doors.  Sirena shower pressure was excellent.  Soundproofing between cabins very good and service by the cabin staff excellent.  Bottom line: I think you will be okay.  For my next Oceania cruise, I will be in cabin 4024 on the Insignia on a 40 day voyage from LA to Sydney, this is deluxe ocean view cabin.  Good luck.

Deck Chair.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 9:00 AM, deck chair said:

Hi!  I very recently returned from a 20 day cruise  round trip from Miami on the Sirena, my first Oceania experience.  I was in cabin 6047 a so-called single ocean view cabin.  Recently refurbished.  As many of these cabins are, the view out the window was fully obstructed by a very friendly lifeboat.  We would have the best conversations!! The cabin is just fine with plenty of storage space, a very comfortable bed and large TV.   The bath is small as everyone knows with a compact shower stall accented by a movable shower head.   I'm 6'2 and 200 pounds and I found it to be just about okay. (It's actually a bit bigger than those on Cunard Line's Queen Victoria. Which also has a horrible, fixed shower head and NO glass door).    Good having the swinging glass doors.  Sirena shower pressure was excellent.  Soundproofing between cabins very good and service by the cabin staff excellent.  Bottom line: I think you will be okay.  For my next Oceania cruise, I will be in cabin 4024 on the Insignia on a 40 day voyage from LA to Sydney, this is deluxe ocean view cabin.  Good luck.

Deck Chair.

Thank you for the information. I have booked 6047 on Insignia, also for 20 days. There were posts that stated that there was no chair or seat apart fro the stool at the desk.Can you confirm that there is neither a chair nor a table in the cabin?
Thank You.

3 hours ago, Bufrenee said:

Thank you for the information. I have booked 6047 on Insignia, also for 20 days. There were posts that stated that there was no chair or seat apart fro the stool at the desk.Can you confirm that there is neither a chair nor a table in the cabin?
Thank You.

There is no chair or table in the room.  There is a small stool under the desk.  This is on the Sirena.  Perhaps Insignia will be different.  Hope this helps.  Deck Chair.

Edited by deck chair

15 hours ago, Bufrenee said:

Thank You.

No table or chair in Regatta 6030.  That would be my main complaint (other than the price) for the solo cabin.  I never ordered room service as there was nowhere to sit and eat other than the stool at the desk (which was already full of other things) or the bed.  Otherwise the room was fine (6030 is only obstructed by a small pilot boat, so there was still some view)

Whats the price percentage difference between the Ss and lowest  priced regular single cabin?             I was in 6030 for 71 days in 2015 with a friend. 6030 and cabin directly across from it are the only SI would accept.

1 hour ago, zoncom said:

Whats the price percentage difference between the Ss and lowest  priced regular single cabin?             I was in 6030 for 71 days in 2015 with a friend. 6030 and cabin directly across from it are the only SI would accept.

I'm not sure this answers your question, but the S would be between the price of a D and F cabin if occupied by a single. You can see the actual price if you do a mock booking.

2 minutes ago, Bufrenee said:

So what are the chances of an upgrade or sale offer, after payment in full, even if there are empty cabins of  higher class?

They may offer an upgrade, in my January cruise the first offer was an upgrade to a higher cabin for the exact same price difference as the listed fares (basically not a real offer).  I called and after the CSR spoke to a supervisor, they came back with a decent offer, basically splitting the difference between the two fares.  I considered it but declined.  

The takeaway is, don't take the first offer.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I’m a brat! I was in a wonderful solo 6030 with a small lifeboat obstruction. 
Now I upgraded to a concierge balcony. No deal but full price. 

Why? I’m old when will I get back to Alaska if ever. I’m also booked for 2024 but on American Cruise line all different ports from this year. I just hope for good health. Everyday is a bonus. I’m determined to get to Alaska. I’ve been to all the other states. 

• Like 3