Viking Ocean British Isles Explorer

ChiefLnc7

Hi,

Wife and I have booked a Viking Ocean British Isles Explorer Cruise from Bergen to Tilbury in September, 2024. 

Am wondering if anyone else maybe booked on this cruise.  Hope that if there is, hope we can all meet early on in the cruise for a Meet and Greet.

Danny and Beth

I don't see your cruise on the Viking website. There is nothing sailing from Bergen to London in September, 2024. Please check your dates.

Look for the roll call for your sailing here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/768-viking-ocean-roll-calls/  Find your ship and then scroll until you find your sail date. If you don't find your sail date, you may start one.  This is where you will find people who are sailing with you, once you figure out which sailing you are on.

In the mean time, in this forum, you will find multiple threads dealing with this itinerary. They are all full of helpful information.

• Like 1

My mistake, the cruise starts from Tilbury (London), England and ends in Bergen.  The cruise is the British Isles Explorer and we arrive and check in on September 2, 2024.  Leaving Boston on 1 September 2024. 

Just seeing if there is anyone else coming onboard for this cruise who are also members of the Cruise Critic page.

According to the Viking website, you are sailing from Greenwich. Much nicer than sailing from Tilbury. It is closer to the airport and you get to sail down the Thames River. Greenwich also has more to see than Tilbury -- like the Greenwich Observatory and the Prime Meridian.

In any case, to meet folks sailing with you, the best way is through the roll call. No one has started one yet for Sept 2, 2024. You can wait for some one to start one (just keep checking here) or you can be the one to start it. If you want help, e-mail me (my address is in my signature).

image.png.185e0d7117dacedacb4d77d2ba2717bd.png

33DECE3200000578-3574936-image-m-64_1462

• Like 4

Strangely my cruise is listed as starting in Greenwich but I have now found out that Viking Venus will be repositioning overnight and for the second day all excursions will be from Tilbury meaning the ease of exploring independently will be lost.

Shipping is reliant on the tidal times on the Thames and to be on the high tide we have to leave Greenwich at 04.30hrs.

Glad I checked all my paperwork and realised in good time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

About this Viking Venus cruise that starts in Greenwich, is it for the British Isles cruise that ends in Bergen during the month of September 2024?  My wife and I are booked for that cruise and date.  I know there are a number of ports of call that require tendering.  Kind of wondering how many which ones might be cancelled due to inability to either enter the port or high seas?  We had two cancelled on our last cruise (Northern Lights in Norway) Narvik and Amsterdam.

Has anyone start a group for that British Isles Cruise in September, 2024?  Maybe if there is not, I could do so if someone showes me the way.

25 minutes ago, ChiefLnc7 said:

Has anyone start a group for that British Isles Cruise in September, 2024?  Maybe if there is not, I could do so if someone showes me the way.

Forget it! We are too late. It's a done deal.

Check it out:

Now as for your other question about cancelled ports, the answer is that every port is subject to cancellation for one reason or another and there is no way to predict it.