Is Wonder really a wonder?

On 3/24/2023 at 10:26 PM, Wendylet said:

Planning a trip at some point on the Wonder and we are gifting this trip to our two daughters, their husbands and their children and ourselves. I have one unenthusiastic son in law who flat out says he has no interest in a cruise…..even though it is free for him. I want to rap him upside the head!

One thing is for certain, you need to be careful asking questions on this site. As you have found out, doing so is a recipe for getting interrogated, Psycho-analyzed and berated. Now, in my opinion, your son-in-law probably has other reasons for not wanting to cruise, maybe he is afraid of being at sea...who knows, I would not look at it as a slight...in reality all you really want to do is spend time with the Grandkids so just take them and not force the issue. The fact that it is free basically means nothing...let's face it, there are a lot of things in this world you nor anyone else would care to partake in even though it may be free. Example-skydiving. Unless my life depended on it...not going to happen, no matter how hard you try to sell me on the idea.  Bottom line, trying to wear an ill-fitting shoe will only cause painful blisters. 

Before my first cruise, I too did not desire to take one.  I thought I'd get cabin fever, get bored, have to stand in line, do nothing but eat, etc.  Finally my father persuaded me to join him and Mom, along with a few other family members on a five-night cruise on Brilliance.  Boy was I surprised and pleased!  I am very much an active outdoorsy guy who likes to stay busy, and I found the cruising delightful!  So much so that we've taken four cruises since on our own.  The only caveat I had, and still have, is that I have a junior suite so that I have a little extra room and a nice balcony where I am guaranteed a place to sit watch the water go by at my leisure.

If your SIL has never cruised before, I would think he'd be in for a pleasant surprise, all the more since he's no footing the bill!  If he persists in his reluctance, would you consider taking me & my wife as substitutes?😉