Embarkation & Disembarkation at Valencia

pdmlynek

We are booked on an MSC Magnifica sailing from Valencia.  Sorry, but this is somewhat an embarassing set of newbie queries.  

(1) Just exactly where do we report for embarkation? There is no address in any of my documents where to go, just a vague directions such as "....take line 6 to Grau/Canyamelar station. The Cruise terminal is less than a mile south of this [metro] station."  Yes, bu the Valencia port is huge, with many piers, most of them looking like they are for cargo.

The GPS coordinate provided by MSC in the documents, 39°27'00N  00°19'30"W, is in a parking lot near a tank farm in a container port, that is nowhere close to the cruise pier.  Is MSC trolling us?

I see on Google maps where the cruise pier is.  Do we just show up there? Or is there an building at the base of the pier where we should show up?  On Google maps I see passenger terminals, such as Terminal De Pasajeros for Transmed at 39.4549°N 0.3270°W , but is that for MSC cruiselines?  Likewise, I see a building labeled "MSC Terminal Valencia" at 39.4415°N 0.3275°W, surrounded by containers; I presume that this is a a building for cargo, not cruise ship passengers. 

(2) Is there a bus that runs from the airport to somewhere close to the pier?  I note that we could take Metrovalenia line 5, from Aeroport station to Marítim, but it is still a hike to the pier from the Marítim station.  But I do note that there are plenty of bus stations much closer to the pier

(3)  The pier for cruises is some 3 km long.  Is there a shuttle provided by the cruiseline from the base of the pier?  Surely, day visitors do not shlep for half an hour just to get to the end of the pier.

Thank you!

Check in will be in the main terminal building, when you arrive there, it will be signed where to report to check in and there will be staff on hand to assist. Ships don't always use the same piers, so do not worry about the multiple piers, just go to the passenger terminal.

The attached map should help

https://www.valenciaport.com/en/passengers/cruises/terminals/

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 7:10 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Check in will be in the main terminal building, when you arrive there, it will be signed where to report to check in and there will be staff on hand to assist. Ships don't always use the same piers, so do not worry about the multiple piers, just go to the passenger terminal.

Wow, this is exactly what I needed. 

Thank you! THANK YOU! 

On 3/25/2023 at 7:21 AM, perakcruiser said:

We just walked from the terminal to the Metro, not far, but no signs, you need to use googlemaps. Inside the port there was a shuttle to the gate/ship. 

Thank you!  I appreaciate it!

On 3/25/2023 at 7:10 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Thank you very much!  I really appreciate this.

By the "main terminal building" you mean the Transmed terminal building, right?  The reason that I am surprised is that typically the cruise ship terminals are separate from the ferry terminals.