Sun Princess and Medallion App issues

lstone19

I'm starting a new topic for this issue that has been discussed in the current Medallion App topic as it seems to be specific to Sun Princess (scheduled to enter service in Feb 2024). As mentioned starting at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2787341-ocean-medallion-app-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=65071566, it appears that a lot (if not all) of us booked on Sun Princess are getting that error message ("Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service. Try again later.") when attempting to enter our OceanReady information. In addition, Dine My Way says "Sorry - Dine My Way is not available right now. We are currently making updates to available reservations. Please try again later." I have contacted Princess but nothing has changed.

Is there anyone booked on Sun Princess who is able to get to OceanReady or Dine My Way? 

Whether you can or can't, please reply with what you're getting and what your departure date and length of cruise (after its inaugural cruises and until September, Sun Princess is on the Med rotation of B2B2B2B seven-night one-way cruises from three different embarkation ports that can be booked for 7, 14, or 21 nights so length may be a factor).

We're booked on it Apr 27, 2024 out of Rome for 21 nights.

Edited by lstone19
Added error message text

I too get the same Dine My Way error.

I also tried to book excursions a couple of days ago for the Sun Princess June 1st, 2024 sailing. Can't do it yet. Although they excursions are populated, when I go to book I get a "Passenger Error". An agent at Princess told me excursions can't be booked until 180 days out. While I know that's not completely accurate (a have booked excursions on the Discovery for a cruise that's over a year away), I didn't bother to argue.

4 hours ago, lstone19 said:

I'm starting a new topic for this issue that has been discussed in the current Medallion App topic as it seems to be specific to Sun Princess (scheduled to enter service in Feb 2024). As mentioned starting at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2787341-ocean-medallion-app-part-3/?do=findComment&comment=65071566, it appears that a lot (if not all) of us booked on Sun Princess are getting that error message ("Unfortunately, there seems to be an issue with the service. Try again later.") when attempting to enter our OceanReady information. In addition, Dine My Way says "Sorry - Dine My Way is not available right now. We are currently making updates to available reservations. Please try again later." I have contacted Princess but nothing has changed.

Is there anyone booked on Sun Princess who is able to get to OceanReady or Dine My Way? 

Whether you can or can't, please reply with what you're getting and what your departure date and length of cruise (after its inaugural cruises and until September, Sun Princess is on the Med rotation of B2B2B2B seven-night one-way cruises from three different embarkation ports that can be booked for 7, 14, or 21 nights so length may be a factor).

We're booked on it Apr 27, 2024 out of Rome for 21 nights.

I sorry you are not sailing for over a year and you are worried about dinner reservations.  ?  Sounds like a first world problem to me

For what it's worth, when Discovery was still being built, there were similar errors in the medallion app up to a certain point when that property was loaded into the app. The app was a lot newer then and has come a long way, but I'm guessing it's a similar problem where they haven't fully loaded the details and made the property available in the app yet.

15 minutes ago, MileHighAko said:

For what it's worth, when Discovery was still being built, there were similar errors in the medallion app up to a certain point when that property was loaded into the app. The app was a lot newer then and has come a long way, but I'm guessing it's a similar problem where they haven't fully loaded the details and made the property available in the app yet.

Good point. While I'm sure there are drawings and plans that show how many tables of each size and their locations in the tri-level dining room, getting all that sorted for the App could take time. They may have to break it into three separate rooms, one for each level, as each level is supposed to have a different ambience. Also, when they start actually furnishing the rooms, the drawing layout may be different from the actual one.