Grandeur's Pool

The first two Explorer class ships have an infinity pool on deck 5 aft. The pool itself was rarely used on the cruises we have been on, and I know that Grandeur replaces the pool with a hot tub or tubs. 

But it also appears that the main pool has been changed in some way/ The website describes it thusly:

Go for a swim, stay for the views. Wherever you are in our Infinity-Edge Plunge Pool the views are dramatic, as the pool contours to the stern of the ship.

I can't find any pictures so far. Anyone know what we should expect in the pool areas?

32 minutes ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

The first two Explorer class ships have an infinity pool on deck 5 aft. The pool itself was rarely used on the cruises we have been on, and I know that Grandeur replaces the pool with a hot tub or tubs. 

But it also appears that the main pool has been changed in some way/ The website describes it thusly:

Go for a swim, stay for the views. Wherever you are in our Infinity-Edge Plunge Pool the views are dramatic, as the pool contours to the stern of the ship.

I can't find any pictures so far. Anyone know what we should expect in the pool areas?

I think they didn't update the description as it sounds more like what's on Explorer and Splendor.

In a similar unedited issue - the "Welcome Aboard Seven Seas Navigator" booklet that recently came with our docs for next month's cruise indicates that there's an outdoor area for Coffee Connection.....NOT.  And that same description you mentioned for the "infinity edge plunge pool."  Another NOT.  Apparently the editors are asleep at the wheel!

I see what you mean. The description of Grandeur's main pool is identical to that of Explorer's aft infinity pool. Instead of counting on the hopeless website for info I guess I'll just have to wait for actual photos. Those should be coming soon, right?

Edited by cAPS lOCK oN

3 hours ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

On an early 2023 Explorer cruise, I complained about the many missing tiles at the infinity pool. GM told me that due to a "design flaw"  the infinity-pool was a maintenance headache and would NOT be included in the Grandeur.

On 3/25/2023 at 5:30 PM, DeepFreeze63 said:

On an early 2023 Explorer cruise, I complained about the many missing tiles at the infinity pool. GM told me that due to a "design flaw"  the infinity-pool was a maintenance headache and would NOT be included in the Grandeur.

Did you Seriously complain about some missing tiles that have No affect on your cruise? 🤦‍♂️

15 minutes ago, BuckGood said:

Did you Seriously complain about some missing tiles that have No affect on your cruise? 🤦‍♂️

Though we are not the "commenter" in this thread - it's not that the times were just "missing" - when we were using the pool we noticed many that were coming away from the concrete floor of the pool - we actually made a little pile of them in the corner of said pool.  Tile edges weren't too sharp, but.....

Just our observation as we noted to the GM, not complaint.