Hotel with cruise parking in New Orleans

Thad409

We will be on the Glory starting July 2 for 7days, I was just wondering if anyone one knows of a hotel that offers cruise parking for the duration of the cruise as long as you stay at the hotel at least 1 night before or after your cruise. Thanks for any help. (99 days to Go)

We're driving to New orleans also for the glory, but in August. 

We decided to spend the night in Hattiesburg the night before and then park at the terminal.  It really is the easiest and most convenient.

We'd get to new orleans to late the night before to enjoy anything in the city anyway, so we'd only have the morning before the cruise to wonder around the hotel.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Thad409 said:

Thanks as of right now were booked at the Crown Plaza in Baton Rouge and just plan to get up early and park at the terminal. was just seeing if there may be other options out their.

we always stay at the best western plus at gretna, they take you to the port via taxi and it is paid for. but you can leave your car there for 14 days free. you do have to pay your way back but it is so nice to get back and get your car and leave. we have done this 4 times and will do agin.

Parking is always at a premium in New Orleans. Most hotels near the port charge fees for parking so I do not know any that include free parking for a cruise. Some will allow you to park but it will probably cost more than the terminal parking. So we just park at the terminal. 

2 hours ago, Homosassa said:

If you want to park at the port and save money, I highly recommend Mach Picchu for parking.

Parking is secured and you won't have to worry about the car window smash and grabs going on in the port lots.

https://www.machupicchutours.com/cruise-ship-parking.html

I believe the problems are at the whale lot, not the parking for carnival in the Erato st garage.  

14 hours ago, Thad409 said:

We will be on the Glory starting July 2 for 7days, I was just wondering if anyone one knows of a hotel that offers cruise parking for the duration of the cruise as long as you stay at the hotel at least 1 night before or after your cruise. Thanks for any help. (99 days to Go)

The Hampton Inn Convention Center and the Hilton Riveside.  Both are about $20 per night.  You have to ask about parking.  It's not on their websites.  We used the Hilton a couple of weeks ago.  The Hampton Inn would be t he closest to Carnival.  There are no 'free' cruise parking hotels in NOLA.

15 hours ago, Thad409 said:

You might find this helpful.

https://www.saintgregtravel.com/new-orleans-parking/

Forewarning - I did a cruise out of NOLA a few months ago, and there were SEVERAL cars at the port parking that were broken into while we were away (and not just broken into, but windows shattered, consoles stolen, etc). To me, 20 bucks a day and/or paying more than what they charge at the port is worth the peace of mind that your car will more likely be safe. Certainly cheaper than replacing several windows. Of course it wasn't the majority, but it was prevalent enough that I was very thankful we didn't leave a car there. 

22 hours ago, sglow1417 said:

Forewarning - I did a cruise out of NOLA a few months ago, and there were SEVERAL cars at the port parking that were broken into while we were away (and not just broken into, but windows shattered, consoles stolen, etc). To me, 20 bucks a day and/or paying more than what they charge at the port is worth the peace of mind that your car will more likely be safe. Certainly cheaper than replacing several windows. Of course it wasn't the majority, but it was prevalent enough that I was very thankful we didn't leave a car there. 

Which garage? 

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Which garage? 

The breakins were at the Whale Lot.  That's the lot just across the street from the Julia Street terminal, the one with the big Whale mural.  This lot has no security.  It also serves as the principal lot for those using the mall.  There is no fencing.  Anyone can enter this lot on foot.

Seriously, read what Saint Greg recommends as to parking.

6 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

The breakins were at the Whale Lot.  That's the lot just across the street from the Julia Street terminal, the one with the big Whale mural.  This lot has no security.  It also serves as the principal lot for those using the mall.  There is no fencing.  Anyone can enter this lot on foot.

Seriously, read what Saint Greg recommends as to parking.

Yes, that is very helpful.

But I think it is good for anyone reading this thread to realize there is a big difference in security between the whale lot and the Erato St terminal garage. 

• Like 1