World Cruise - Disembark/Reembark During the Cruise?

Janchappe

Greetings,

I am looking at the 3 year Life at Sea world cruise.

If I am a passenger and have paid in full for my cabin for all 3 years, then is it possible to take a vacation from the cruise ship, that is - to disembark during the course of the cruise and then reembark (catch back up with the ship, return to my cabin) at a later port/date during the cruise?

Any idea what kind of additional fees (if any) does Life and Sea charge for doing this (if any, order of magnitude).

Thank you

Janice

12 hours ago, Janchappe said:

Greetings,

If I am a passenger and have paid in full for my cabin for all 3 years, then is it possible to take a vacation from the cruise ship, that is - to disembark during the course of the cruise and then reembark (catch back up with the ship, return to my cabin) at a later port/date during the cruise?

Any idea what kind of additional fees (if any) does Life and Sea charge for doing this (if any, order of magnitude).

Thank you

Janice

It may be best to contact the cruise line and get the answer in writing.

Please let us know how it turns out.  Best wishes for smooth sailing…

17 hours ago, Janchappe said:

Greetings,

Thank you

Janice

Pax spending a number of nights ashore on world cruises is fairly common, however you have a number of checks to complete.

Your first task should be contacting the cruise line to determine their policy on pax leaving the ship and returning at a later date. Whether they will charge depends on the ports and any potential additional costs from local authorities.

If the cruise line accepts this practice, you would need to research that the ports you are considering disembarking and re-embarking do not contravene any Cabotage Laws. You will also have to research any additional Visa requirements, as different Visas may be required to disembark the ship from those in transit.

As always, if spending time ashore, it is always recommended to provide your contact details to the ship so they can contact you to advise of any itinerary changes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

If I were left in the Fortune of War I would find my way to Darwin to rejoin the ship.🍺🍺🍺

Jim - probably not entirely truthful. If you were left in the FoW, you would probably become a resident.😁 What ship!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Jim - probably not entirely truthful. If you were left in the FoW, you would probably become a resident.😁 What ship!!!

Who needs a ship??  We don't need no steenkin' ship....🍺

• Haha 1