Self serve drink locations

Csap

Hi, I was wondering whether there are additional self serve drink locations other than the Gallery on Valiant lady (for water, soft drinks, tea and drip coffee).

Also, in the Gallery, how many self serve machines are there? Do you usually have to queue to use them? 

Many Thanks!

There are two full stations in THe Galley....one area is hot stuff and one is cold.  The soda machines had different items at each station.  No, I never had to queue.  Occasionally there would be one other person at the station.  You can also get soda from most bars (gun or can, all included), or help yourself to a few tea bags and get hot water from Grounds Club.  There, I would often experience a short line, but the pastries are amazing.

There is a soft drink machine, ice machine, and water machine at each cold station along with racks of glasses.  Each soda/juice machine has 4 products.  In the hot area,  there is hot water, an assortment of tea bags, and, I think 3 coffee machines....regular, decaf, and ???  There were 2 places to place used spoons or other items and a rack for cups.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The big thing is that if the beverage station doesn't have the soft drink you want, ask for it from any server.  They can get it from a bar for you.  You can also request cans at some bars--Sip, Sun, social Club, etc. usually have them, as well as from Ship Eats.  If ordering room service, get a few of your favorite to keep in the fridge.

• Like 1

The main difference on Virgin I think is that soda is just free at all bars, so just walk up anywhere and ask for Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. 
At the Galley there is three stations and they usually have Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Orange Fanta and sometimes Seagrams Ginger Ale. Some stations might run out of stock of something so it won’t be on the screen. 
Then there is a juice from concentrate dispenser which often has more juice in the morning for breakfast (orange, apple, grapefruit etc). Then for lunch they will have ice tea and still lemonade on the juice dispenser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What is at the cold drink stations can vary widely.  My travel buddy drinks Diet Coke--it was never available at the drink stations during our cruise but was available at other locations around the ship.  The ice tea from the dispenser, IF they have it, is the awful stuff made from syrup.  That's my drink of choice, so I made my own by brewing a strong cup and pouring it over a cup of ice in my drink mug.  We never went without our chosen beverages, but we often couldn't get them at the drink stations in The Galley.  We're hoping this has changed by our upcoming cruise and that "the standards" are readily available there as well as elsewhere on the ship.  We usually played the game of keeping a couple cans of Diet Coke in our fridge since we knew it wouldn't be in The Galley.  However, the servers would always get some for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

What is at the cold drink stations can vary widely.  My travel buddy drinks Diet Coke--it was never available at the drink stations during our cruise but was available at other locations around the ship.  The ice tea from the dispenser, IF they have it, is the awful stuff made from syrup.  That's my drink of choice, so I made my own by brewing a strong cup and pouring it over a cup of ice in my drink mug.  We never went without our chosen beverages, but we often couldn't get them at the drink stations in The Galley.  We're hoping this has changed by our upcoming cruise and that "the standards" are readily available there as well as elsewhere on the ship.  We usually played the game of keeping a couple cans of Diet Coke in our fridge since we knew it wouldn't be in The Galley.  However, the servers would always get some for us.

I think you were on the transatlantic too? They seemed to run out of Diet Coke syrup. Early on they prioritised having it at bars instead of the Galley but I noticed at the end the bars were pouring from cans too. I’m guessing with it being the last cruise of the season there was some stuff they had decided to just restock in Miami and post-mix syrup seemed to be one of them. 

It did seem a little odd the only iced tea was from the Nestle “juice” concentrate and it was definitely not sweet! I would have thought they might at least have a Coke brand like Gold Peak or even Fuze.

Personally I’d also just like a wider range of sugar free soft drinks, even if it is just having Sprite Zero as well as Diet/Zero Coke. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Could you do room service and order just a large quantity of canned sodas to keep in your room?  

Also, do you know if they have canned club soda (or other type of sparkling water)?  

26 minutes ago, singleflyer said:

Could you do room service and order just a large quantity of canned sodas to keep in your room?  

Also, do you know if they have canned club soda (or other type of sparkling water)?  

We got six cans in one order, I expect you could do more if you wanted too. Room service is $7 delivery unless you buy something with a charge like alcohol or premium coffee/juice.

The room has two carafes of filtered water, you can ask for one or both to be sparkling water if you wish. Either ask the attendant when you see them or tap the water button in the app or the in room tablet. 
I don’t think they have any canned club soda onboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singleflyer said:

yes   I don't know if there is a limit to how many cans you can order, but we got 4 one time.  They have various mixers.  I don't know about club soda.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 1