Mr. Sancho´s versus Nachi-Cocom

AnnaP

Ok so initially I had booked at Mr. Sancho's but a few negative reviews had me questioning if that was the right choice for us... so I also booked Nachi-Cocom. Now I am trying to decide which might be a better fit for us. It will be me and my husband and two 18 year old boys. 

My top needs are:

Nice inviting beach that is walk-in

Good seating options by the beach with shade. I would love cushioned loungers

Prefer not to be butted right up against other guests

Tacos tacos tacos. Shrimp ones hopefully

Great cocktails! 

For those that have been to one or both what were your thoughts on them? I gather Sancho is a little more "party" atmosphere maybe? We don't mind that but I am a little concerned that we will arrive too late and not get any seats. We are not "early morning" people

Not sure about things to do for two 18 year olds at Nachi, but as to the other stuff.

Same beach as Mr. Sanchos (right next door to the north) Occasionally if the tide is going out, it can build a bit of a shelf to step down a bit.

Good seating options with palapas strewn about the beach with 4 loungers per underneath each. 

Also covered beds by the pool and chairs and loungers surrounding the whole pool. (just google the millions of pictures of Nachi on the web to see the spacing.Vs. goggle Paradise Beach or Sanchos or Playa Mia and see the rows of chairs lined up beachside there)

Space between the seating unlike what I've seen at the other beach clubs where they line the chairs up in tight rows like going to a show.

I've had shrimp tacos many times for my lunch choice.

Not a huge drinker so I can't speak to the quality of the alcohol,(I know some people want a certain brand of scotch or rum or vodka) but the drinks I've always gotten at the swim up bar in the pool have been very good.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

We prefer it for its non-crowded 125 person limit and non-18 vibe.

1 hour ago, AnnaP said:

Ok so initially I had booked at Mr. Sancho's but a few negative reviews had me questioning if that was the right choice for us... so I also booked Nachi-Cocom. Now I am trying to decide which might be a better fit for us. It will be me and my husband and two 18 year old boys. 

My top needs are:

Great cocktails! 

For those that have been to one or both what were your thoughts on them? I gather Sancho is a little more "party" atmosphere maybe? We don't mind that but I am a little concerned that we will arrive too late and not get any seats. We are not "early morning" people

You will definitely have more space at Nachi but not much for your 18 year olds to do. You would have to make that decision since you know them best. It really depends how active they would want to be. Perhaps they would like to do the boat snorkel?

Maybe look at some of the day passes to resort hotels and see if they have any activities they may like - paddle boards, kayaks, gym? They will almost certainly be quieter than Sanchos but there are very few places with inflatables if they want those.

Edited by c-leg5

On 3/27/2023 at 2:47 PM, AnnaP said:

. . . My top needs are:

Great cocktails!  . . . 

If you are currently comparing Mr Sanchos and Nachi Cocum, have you looked at Paradise Beach (more similar to Mr Sanchos from what I can tell online)?  We were at Paradise Beach over Spring Break 2019, so I understand that lots might have changed.  We got there really early and were able to select our shaded spots a bit closer to their lovely pool, but with a nice view of the beach.  We did not purchase any passes to use their inflatables, but your 18 year olds might love that option.

However, I would not describe that particular beach as "inviting," and they do pack the day cruisers in side by side.  However, the service, food and drinks that day were incredible.

• Like 1

I did look and if they still had day beds I might consider it. Honestly the whole only 130 people at Nachi is sounding pretty attractive since I believe there are 4 ships in port that day. Thanks for the info though!! I wish I had seen it before they sold out the beds

4 ships in Cozumel is a super light day... Enjoy the lighter than normal crowds.

(pretty sure 6-7 is a more average day and 8+ would be heavy. Although with the size of every fleet's new ships, which ships are in port matter more than how many now a days. 1 RCCL monstrocities or 1 Mardi Gras/Celebrations equal 2 or more older ships from the fleets)

I miss the days when Nachi limited to 100 people a day.

But its been 125-130 the last few times we have been there and barely noticed the difference.

Reports from Paradise Beach and Sanchos since the restart, frequently sound overcrowded.