First Time Regent Cruise - Regent Business Class Air Question

sabrefan

20 hours ago, kennetro said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how does one find out what the amount of the flight credit might be if I choose to purchase our own air travel?

Go to 'find a cruise' and find the specfic cruise that you are wondering about. Scroll down past the itinenerary info and the pricing area and just below it there will be a line that tells you what the air credit is if you chose to do your own air. 

Example

A savings of up to CA$5,050 per person is available when arranging your own flights and transfers.

Ignore the CA as i book through the Canadian website so hence it gives me everything in CAD. On the US site i am sure it will just give a $ amount. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1982CruzStart said:

Go to 'find a cruise' and find the specfic cruise that you are wondering about. Scroll down past the itinenerary info and the pricing area and just below it there will be a line that tells you what the air credit is if you chose to do your own air. 

Example

A savings of up to CA$5,050 per person is available when arranging your own flights and transfers.

Ignore the CA as i book through the Canadian website so hence it gives me everything in CAD. On the US site i am sure it will just give a $ amount. 

Thank you so much!  Much appreciated.

On 4/2/2023 at 9:36 AM, kennetro said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how does one find out what the amount of the flight credit might be if I choose to purchase our own air travel?

And pay attention to the 'Up to...' wording.    The "Up to $10,000.00" savings could apply to the Regent Suite, not necessarily the Veranda Suite...

Edited by daetchief
Gr

1 hour ago, daetchief said:

And pay attention to the 'Up to...' wording.    The "Up to $10,000.00" savings could apply to the Regent Suite, not necessarily the Veranda Suite...

Ahh, good to know!  Thanks, all!

Our experience has been that the flight allowance does not vary by cabin category. 

It may vary, however, throughout time, i.e. it may go up as you get closer to the cruise date.
In general, business class airfares are cheapest when they are first available but then increase over time as the supply dwindles. 
Others may have had a different experience. 

• Like 2

On 3/30/2023 at 7:11 AM, PaulMCO said:

Will they tell you what air they are offering you at the210 day point or do yo have to wait until they ticket you at around 60 days???

Yes.  When you accept a deviation you know exactly what flights you are on and on many airlines can select seats the day the flight is booked.  In fact when Regent offers you the flight it will show as booked on the airlines website before you even respond.  So once accepted you have the flight and seats 210 days out.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Curious to restart this conversation and ask if those who went the deviation route were able to book non-stop flights to their destination.  In our case, we would be flying out of Washington Dulles to Rome and there are 4 non-stop flights available.

1 hour ago, mikemcan said:

Curious to restart this conversation and ask if those who went the deviation route were able to book non-stop flights to their destination.  In our case, we would be flying out of Washington Dulles to Rome and there are 4 non-stop flights available.

Yes we were able to book non stop... but on a couple of flights there was an up charge and on a couple, not.  So just depends.  We live in Atlanta and so we fly Delta.  Delta non stops are simply more expensive than those flights with connections.  We booked Atlanta- Athens and there was an up charge, but from Rome to Atlanta, no up charge. So it really just depends.  The best thing to do is look at the flights you're interested in. If they offer 2 rates for Business Class, one refundable, one not refundable, then likely Regent has contract rates on those flights and there won't be any up charges.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mikemcan said:

In the last 2 years, we have been able to deviate and fly non-stop, Regent Business out of Dulles to Southampton (Heathrow), Lisbon, and Copenhagen without an up-charge. From Stockholm to Dulles, we had to connect in Frankfort. Up-coming cruise, to Venice (Trieste) we could only get a connection; we chose Munich (without an upcharge).

On 3/29/2023 at 12:20 PM, sabrefan said:

Since we are from the Rochester, NY area we sometimes fly out of Toronto because of more direct flights. Just wondering what airlines Regent uses for people flying to Asia if any of our Canadian friends have experience with this?

We are flying from YYZ to Bangkok on Turkish and returning on Emirates from Bali. My sister in Ohio did extensive research and found the best flights to middle east were from YYZ vs ORD, Cleveland, or DET.