Spa Cloud Cabins on the Sunshine

karinad

5 hours ago, karinad said:

I'm looking to book a cabin on the Sunshine. What are the perks with booking a Cloud or Spa cabin. I know on other cruise lines that class comes with certain perks. Thank you!

I have been in a Spa Interior as well as a Spa Suite on Sunshine.  I would suggest going to the Spa Desk ASAP and get your scrub and loofah mitt (welcome gift) because one cruise, they ran out and I didn't get it. You get access to the sauna and heated tile chair rooms.  Your cabin will have an upgraded shampoo and body wash in the shower.  You will get slippers and a robe to wear as you enjoy your spa benefits at the Spa.  You can take advantage of two included exercise classes per passenger.  I did yoga and enjoyed it. I think that's it but I'm sure someone will chime in if I left something out. 

Plus, you are right below Serenity and I think Sunshine's Serenity is awesome!

Enjoy!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there is a steam room or sauna on the Sunshine? My husband enjoys going to the sauna and the past few ships we were on did not have one or access wasn't allowed unless you bought a certain package. This cruise is mostly about relaxing and not about the ports for us.

Thanks!!

As Ninjacat123 already said, you get access to the sauna and steam rooms, plus heated tile loungers. So yes, there is a sauna. Also of note, if your husband has a foot size larger than size 8 men's, he will not be able to wear the slippers provided. They are mostly sized to smaller feet. They weren't very nice IMO. We had a Cloud 9 balcony on Sunshine. The balcony, proximity to the Spa and Serenity Deck, and included access to the steam rooms are nice. But I wouldn't book a Cloud 9 room again. I liked just having the couple's week pass to the steam rooms that we used on Horizon while staying in a standard balcony.

Edited by CruiserLucas

1 hour ago, CruiserLucas said:

As Ninjacat123 already said, you get access to the sauna and steam rooms, plus heated tile loungers. So yes, there is a sauna. Also of note, if your husband has a foot size larger than size 8 men's, he will not be able to wear the slippers provided. They are mostly sized to smaller feet. They weren't very nice IMO. We had a Cloud 9 balcony on Sunshine. The balcony, proximity to the Spa and Serenity Deck, and included access to the steam rooms are nice. But I wouldn't book a Cloud 9 room again. I liked just having the couple's week pass to the steam rooms that we used on Horizon while staying in a standard balcony.

The only reason that I was considering booking a Cloud 9 balcony is because it's a total of about $50. total more for the 5 nights. Is there a reason you wouldn't book it again? I guess my dh is SOL with the slippers! Size 10! Sorry I missed that what Ninjacat123 said! The sauna and steam rooms used to be free on cruises once upon a time! Thank you!!!

Well, I might be wrong, but usually the one in the locker room is still free (if it's there on the specific ship), because you can go into the gym locker room without a spa pass. Just the nicer thermal suites are off limits. 

$50 difference from a normal balcony? Gonna depend on what you find valuable in your own cruise experience. But $50 is probably less of a price difference than the weekly thermal suites pass for two in a normal balcony. So likely worth upgrading IMO at least. I just don't think normally they are that close in price to justify wanting to upgrade for us. 

3 hours ago, CruiserLucas said:

Well, I might be wrong, but usually the one in the locker room is still free (if it's there on the specific ship), because you can go into the gym locker room without a spa pass. Just the nicer thermal suites are off limits. 

$50 difference from a normal balcony? Gonna depend on what you find valuable in your own cruise experience. But $50 is probably less of a price difference than the weekly thermal suites pass for two in a normal balcony. So likely worth upgrading IMO at least. I just don't think normally they are that close in price to justify wanting to upgrade for us. 

Thank you! I thought the small price difference was wrong, too, but I checked several places to make sure. It's one of the reasons I asked the question about the benefits of the Cloud 9 balcony. It's only a 5 night cruise and not until November and a couple weeks before Thanksgiving.