Full 2007 Schedule Not Out for TWO More Months

kitty9

I just got back from speaking with the Future Cruise Consultant on the Summit and she informed me that she didn't expect the full 2007 schedule and prices to be out for at least two more months. When you realize that almost all other cruise lines have their full '07 schedules out by now, I find this delay to be unacceptable. I wonder what's going on with X? We wanted to book an '07 Med cruise, in order to get the onboard booking credit, and we can't because they don't have their itineraries in place and they won't take an open ended booking so that we can qualify for the room credit. X needs to get their stuff together in a more timely manner.

Darcie: They've always been late with schedules. I received HAL's 2007 brochures in the office 10 days ago!

Celebrity rolls out the schedules starting with Alaska.....Europe is typically the last released.

They need to get smart and allow pax once again to roll deposits and OBC. Even when I have a client cxl a Princess booking, we just redeposit everything back under the client's past pax number.

Did the future consultant not give you a voucher? Last year, we were given a voucher to be applied within 28 days of the 2006 brochure coming out, so we got our credit as planned. I would follow up with X since unless they have changed their criteria, you are supposed to be able to get credit if the broahcure is not out yet - so long as you are not trying to book beyond what a competitor brochure is dated to

just book any cruise of similar length, then Switch the credit to the one you really want when the schedule comes out. We did that twice and it's not a problem In fact, the Future Cruise Consultant on the horizon 3 years ago was the one who suggested that we do so. The credit was transferred easily. This year we switched from a 12 day to a 7 day totally different itinerary and we, of course, got a smaller credit but it still was a transfer from a booking onboard the Millennium. And if you change your mind and cancel...again no problem. Your deposit is refunded if you decide prior to final payment.

Kitty i booked a cruise while on the Summit and then changed it to a different sailing without a problem. just pick any old thing. i picked a 7 day so my deposit was less till i change it. i can see no problem for you...you could even cancel the booking completely before final payment if you decided not to sail...Judy

On the suggestion of the Summit Cruise consultant we made a booking for Panama Canal in April 07 in order to get the discount. We will not take the cruise but are looking to the Mediterranean in mid 07. Although the Canal cruise is not full I feel a touch guilty as I may be blocking a cabin someone wants.

To me the delay in the publication of itineraries is a pest because, where you prefer to go on Celebrity but have to wait, you run the risk of less options on other lines if the Celebrity timing or itinerary does not suit.

Great thread! Just another of the tips I've learned from fellow cruisers who have 'been there and done that.' Thanks, everyone. :D Now I will book my 2007 European cruise while sailing in April with just any old cruise and just make sure the booking number follows me.

Thumbs up! :D:D

Archived